Saturday, March 29, 2008
Anyway, I thought the show was great. The Jicks are a lot of fun. I'm not usually a fan of female singers***, but I think they make great bass players and I'll even forgive Janet Weiss for having played drums with Sleater Kinney**** (and I also have to mention that she has awesome hair).
And here is the set list (as written on the set list):
*Some song I forget the name of*
We Can't Help You
Real Emotional Trash (one of my favorites!)
Out Of Reaches
*Yeah, I'm a huge Billy Corgan fan. The light show is great. Suck it, ok?
**I can't call musicians by just their first name. It feels weird. DaveGrohl, BillyCorgan, StephenMalkmus, JustinTimberlake, etc.
***Oh look, another chance to say I hate Kate Nash;)
****Sorry, not a fan.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
In other news...I am beyond excited that The Hills comes back on Monday night!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
We toured the whole island and one of our nights was spent at a "fancy" hotel near Arecibo that had an awesome view and a very nice hotel bar. Not that anyone went there besides our group, but had such an awesome time.
I had only been 21 for about a month so I was still into trying out new cocktails and drink concoctions. That was the first night I had a Tom Collins* at the suggestion of one of the girls on the trip. I also had a Blue Hawaii and, of course, a Mai Tai or two.
About five of us were at the bar for hours, using our travelers check's and playing card games with our fancy drinks. When we finally called it a night I went back to my room that I was sharing with two girls who didn't drink and got ready to get a good night's sleep. They made fun of me for being tipsy.
*The best I have ever had. Seriously. I haven't never tasted one as good.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Game I took from Cheryl:
-Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
-Go to IMDB or Wikiquote and find a quote from each.
-Post here for everyone to guess.
-Bold it when someone guesses it correctly, put who guessed it and the movie.
-Contestants: Please, don’t cheat.
-To let everyone play, please keep it to one guess per person, for now at least.
-Post your guesses in the comment section for everyone to see.
1. "Anyone! Anyone! It didn't have to be a no-good slut straight from the gutter. Just as long as she is young, healthy and not a virgin!"
2. " What am I? Grandma with the birthday present. Suck it ya dumb bitch!"
3. "Aw, hells bells. They even shot the dog!"
4. "Did someone call for a doctor?" (Ali!- Oceans 11)
5. "Good sir? I heard you were a poet. But a poet of no words?" (Randi- Shakespeare In Love)
6. "Ali... with an I. Hey, what's your name?" (Ali!!!- The Karate Kid)
7. "I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?" (Cindy- Bourne Identity!)
8. "Okay Lunchbox, let's try this again. We tie you to the roof and you jump off and sail like a Spitfire passing right over the arch nemesis La Fours. You then swing up to the stage and knock out the pin. And when that's gone the stage is trashed and we go smoke a bowl. You got it? Now get your fat ass up there. And dude, don't forget your helmet. Snoogens." (Dara- Mallrats!
9. "On behalf of the students from Vince Lombardi High who are here tonight, I'd just like to say one thing: Screw you, Principal Togar, we made it to the concert anyway!"
10. "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow." (Cheryl-Gone With The Wind!)
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
This year I want to wear a lot of dresses. Dresses are fun because they are classy and I am a classy lady. I got the Anthropologie catalogue in the mail today and, after asking it to marry me, I circled everything I wanted in it. Then I realized I would need to sell a kidney on the black market to afford everything I wanted. But hey, you never know!
P.S. I spent forever trying to find pics to show you guys, but the site doesn't have them as links and I gave up.
*For those who do not know me, I tend to hate the warm weather months. I am a winter girl at heart. However, I realize that I am in the minority and since being positive is a constant goal of mine, I am trying not to hate on spring. It's though, though.
**Breathe, Scarlet. Breathe. It will be okay.