Pages

Thursday, February 04, 2010

The Lover In Me

I recently saw two movies that seemed to have been made for me. Bright Star and The Young Victoria.

I love love love period pieces. I love the clothes and the accents and the manners and traditions. Most especially out of that list, though, I love the clothes. Do you know how badly I wanted to be wearing a regal gown today? Very!

I don't want to bring back much from that time period, but can't we have a blast from the past with the clothes?











XO,
SVR

3 comments:

Terra Dawn said...

I want to see this!! I saw a preview for it a few weeks ago and thought it looked gorgeous....

Sparklebot said...

I agree! After a good period piece, I can't find anything I want to wear among my terrible boring and stupid clothes. I want gowns! With starched, ruffly collars and puffed sleeves and plunged necklines and petticoats.

Miss Scarlet said...

So, dilemma! I need a new orchestra concert outfit. It has to be black and long. I keep imagining a floor-length black skirt that's kinda big. Mama want! I have no idea where to get this...I'm even considering making one=/