Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sick, Sick, Sick

I get so irritated when I hear someone say, "I think I'm getting sick" because I know, inevitably, in a day or two, they will be sick*. When I think to myself, "Oh no, I think I'm getting a cold" I immediately begin drinking a lot of fluids, get more sleep, and basically think myself healthy. I am not a granola-crunching nutjob, but I really believe in mind over matter. 9 times out of 10, if you're feeling under the weather, its your body's way of telling you to slow down or up the nutrition.

So slow down and up the nutrition! And don't get sick! Quit calling out of work and bailing on friends! Stop missing out on life because you're laying in bed!

XO,
SVR

+Title courtesy of Queens Of The Stone Age


*I also don't think people should say they're sick unless they have a sore throat, a fever, or are vomiting. Otherwise, it's a cold.

2 comments:

Frankly, Scarlett said...

well if you look and sound like death - i dont want you near my office - go home or cough in your own workspace. The phones work, as does email - we don't need to bring face time into this.

Miss Scarlet said...

Oh, I agree, but most of these people are not really sick or could keep themselves from getting sick if they took care of themselves. And at my work, being there is essential.