Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Deep Water

I went to deep water aerobics with my mom today.

Yes, I was the youngest one.

My mom goes almost every day to the different work out classes and I have been enjoying going with her when I can. When I was a lifeguard at a fitness club, I couldn't help but chuckle at the water aerobic classes. The resistance of the water is pretty hilarious! So when I jumped in the water today,wearing the required waist float, I couldn't stop laughing as I imagined how I looked.

In my favor, I pick up things like this quickly, so I didn't look like a newb, but still, some of the exercises are pretty comical:

"Kick your feet OUT of the water! Up and out!"

"Cross country ski across the pool!"

But my favorite (read: least favorite) was at the end when we had to get in a line and hold our noodles up in an arch with our partner.

And then...

We had to take turns swimming through it.Awk.Ward. I prefer the exercises when I can be in the back and away from everyone. Not the ones that put me 6 inches from a wrinkly old lady. I mean, props to her for working out, but what happened to personal space!?

I would go back, though. The pool is gorgeous and any opportunity for me to swim is one I'll take.

XO,
SVR

+Title from Jewel

No comments: