Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Deadly Kiss

One would think, given my proclivity for love stories, that I wouldn't be so into a book where one of the main characters is prophesied to kill her one true love with her kiss. I typically read a book and spend much of it waiting and hoping for the main character to fall in love. But with The Raven Boys. I was put into a tricky situation because if I hope for Blue, our main female character to fall in love, then I am, in effect, wishing for someone else to die. And let's be honest, Maggie Stiefvater has written some pretty incredible male characters! I can't wish for any of them to die just so I have a love story. That would be selfish.
Luckily, there is way more to The Raven Boys than Blue not being able to kiss anyone. There is a Welsh king, the Aglionby school, and Blue's interesting family (and family friends) to sort out!
In book one (of what will be four), Blue meets and begins hanging out with the Raven Boys: Gansey, Adam, Ronan, and Noah. These are the types of boys she has stayed away from her entire life. Raven Boys are dangerous. Yet Blue finds herself quickly integrated into their circle and they begin searching for the same thing, spending every free moment on the hunt for information.
This was one of my favorite books I have read recently and I highly recommend it for you, too!


+Song title from Kyuss

No comments: