Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hold On To What You Believe

My friend Serena recently wrote about completing the first draft of her novel. CONGRATS! It's a huge accomplishment and great feeling. One which I guess I sort of know. A year or two ago I wrote a complete story: beginning, middle, end. It has characters, plot, conflict, resolution, and kissing scenes. I'm super proud of myself for completing the project, but once I was at the editing stage, I realized that I had another, more complex story I really wanted to tell. That is the story I am working on right now. And I'm super excited about it!

But, the point of this blog post is to talk about musical inspirations. Serena mentioned a couple of the works she listened to while writing, which happen to be some of my favorite compositions out there! Holst's "The Planets" and Lalo's "Symphonie Espagnole". There is no one song inspiring me for my current project, but I did want to share what I was focused on while working on my first story. Mumford & Son's "Hold on to What You Believe". It's amazing:



XO,
SVR

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks, dude.

And woohoo for inspiration! I can't wait to make you sign your book for me ;-)