Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

My Emmy Ballot

Not sure if my Emmy ballot got lost in the mail, or what, but here are my choices for Sunday's ceremony.


Supporting Actress, Comedy:

Mayim Bialik, “The Big Bang Theory”
Niecy Nash, “Getting On”
Julie Bowen, “Modern Family”
Allison Janney, “Mom”
Kate McKinnon “Saturday Night Live”
Gaby Hoffmann, “Transparent”
Jane Krakowski, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”
Anna Chlumsky, “Veep”

I've never seen Getting On or Transparent, I hate Modern Family, and I get bored with The Big Bang Theory getting awards. My vote here is for Jane Krakowski because her humor, at times, was so subtle in that show. 

Supporting Actor, Comedy:

Andre Braugher, “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”
Adam Driver, “Girls”
Keegan-Michael Key, “Key & Peele”
Ty Burrell, “Modern Family”
Tituss Burgess, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”
Tony Hale, “Veep”

I haven't watched this past season of Girls, but I love Adam Driver and want him to win! Or Keegan-Michael Key because he is hilarious. 

Supporting Actress, Drama:


Joanne Froggatt, “Downton Abbey”
Lena Headey, “Game Of Thrones”
Emilia Clarke, “Game Of Thrones”
Christine Baranski, “The Good Wife”
Christina Hendricks, “Mad Men”
Uzo Aduba, “Orange Is The New Black”

THIS CATEGORY IS SO TOUGH!!!! I'm throwing out Uzo Aduba because I don't watch/like that show, as well as Christine Baranski because I'm only on S2 of The Good Wife. I love Mad Men, but Joan is not my fave. Joanne Froggatt won the Golden Globe, yes? I think she's great, and so is Emilia Clarke, but my vote goes to Lena Headey who really showed such variety in her character last year. 

Supporting Actor, Drama:

Jonathan Banks, “Better Call Saul”
Ben Mendelsohn, “Bloodline”
Jim Carter, “Downton Abbey”
Peter Dinklage, “Game Of Thrones”
Alan Cumming, “The Good Wife”
Michael Kelly, “House Of Cards” 


Another tough one, but Peter Dinklage deserves every award ever for that scene during his trial. But I wouldn't cry if Ben Mendelsohn won because he is incredible, as is Alan Cumming, but that's more a vote for being awesome in life since I'm so behind on that show. "It's Saturday night on Broadway!!! It's Saturday night on Broaddwaaayyyyy!"

Variety Sketch Series:

“Drunk History”
“Inside Amy Schumer”
“Key & Peele”
“Portlandia”
“Saturday Night Live”

 Sheesh, there is some quality tv out there! Can we have a tie? I kind of want Drunk History to win because the entire premise is so genius. Also one time my dad did his impression of Will Ferrell doing an episode and that was Emmy-worthy on its own.

Variety Talk Series:

“The Colbert Report”
“The Daily Show With Jon Stewart”
“Jimmy Kimmel Live”
“Last Week Tonight With John Oliver”
“Late Show With David Letterman”
“The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon”

While I love David Letterman, Jimmy Fallon is so creative that he deserves to win everything. 

Lead Actress, Comedy:

Lisa Kudrow, “The Comeback”
Lily Tomlin, “Grace And Frankie”
Amy Schumer, “Inside Amy Schumer”
Edie Falco, “Nurse Jackie”
Amy Poehler, “Parks And Recreation”
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, “Veep”  

So JLD wins every time she is nominated, right? I love her, but I'm ready for a new winner and I would like that winner to be Amy Poehler. I've never seen (and never will see) Grace and Frankie.  

Lead Actor, Comedy:

Anthony Anderson, “black-ish”
Matt LeBlanc, “Episodes”
Don Cheadle, “House of Lies”
Will Forte, “The Last Man On Earth”
Louis C.K., “Louie”
William H. Macy, “Shameless”
Jeffrey Tambor, “Transparent”  

This is when I realize I don't watch many comedies. I hear Jeffrey Tambor is awesome in Transparent, but since I haven't seen it, I'll vote for Will Forte

Lead Actress, Drama:

Taraji P. Henson, “Empire”
Claire Danes, “Homeland”
Viola Davis, “How to Get Away with Murder”
Tatiana Maslany, “Orphan Black”
Elisabeth Moss, “Mad Men”
Robin Wright, “House of Cards”

OH BOY! I like Viola Davis, but I actually don't think her role is Emmy-deserving (don't hate me!). This is another TOUGH category! Claire Danes has won before, as has Robin Wright (?) and Taraji P. Henson is awesome in Empire, but I'm going to vote for Tatiana Maslany because she should have won three years ago! Sheesh! Elisabeth Moss is so deserving, though-ahhhh!

Lead Actor, Drama: 

Bob Odenkirk, “Better Call Saul”
Kyle Chandler, “Bloodline”
Kevin Spacey, “House of Cards”
Jon Hamm, “Mad Men”
Jeff Daniels, “The Newsroom”
Liev Schreiber, “Ray Donovan”

If Jon Hamm doesn't win, I will cry. Am I going to end up crying!? 

Outstanding Comedy Series:

“Louie”
“Modern Family”
“Parks and Recreation”
“Silicon Valley”
“Transparent”
“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”
“Veep” 
 
Oh gosh. Just no Modern Family, please. I'd like to see Silicon Valley win because it would be such a shock:)  

Outstanding Drama Series:

“Better Call Saul”
“Downton Abbey”
“Game of Thrones”
“Homeland”
“House of Cards”
“Mad Men”
“Orange is the New Black”

Games of Thrones, DUH! Listen, if Orange is the New Black beats any of those other shows, I will flip a table. It would also be nice to see Mad Men win, but I don't see it happening, sigh. 


Now, more importantly, who am I most excited to see on the red carpet?? I can't pick just one, so a list will have to do:
  • Elisabeth Moss
  • January Jones
  • Michelle Dockery (my fashion spirit animal)
  • Kerry Washington
  •  Sophie Turner
  • Tatiana Maslaney 






No comments: