Pages

Friday, December 11, 2015

Book Boos: November

And now, what I read in November!

8. REQUIEM by Lauren Oliver (Audio). I really like this series and the characters and I think I just need to read it instead of listening to it. Oh, and I need to reread Pandemonium first! Sheesh! 

7. CITY OF BONES by Cassandra Clare (Audio). Is this what the new Shadowhunters show is based on? I'm excited for that show! I liked this book, but (broken record here) it was a bit long for audio for me. Man, what's with me and audio recently? I really liked the characters in this story and will definitely keep on with the series. 

6. I AM NUMBER FOUR by Pittacus Lore (Audio). This book really surprised me! I liked it a lot! I definitely pictured Alex Pettyfer as the main character the entire time, which made for a really enjoyable story. Have you read the series? Are the others as fun as this one??

5. THE GROWNUP by Gillian Flynn. This is a short story that was creepy and weird and I loved it. 

4. SWORD AND VERSE by Kathy McMillan (ARC). (To be fair, these top numbers are basically all tied.) This is a really cool story about a girl who becomes a tutor in the palace and one of only a few who can read and write. The relationships were all written quite well and I loved how language was used to tell the story. Quite beautiful at times. 

3. EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING by Nicola Yoon (Audio). While I didn't love everything about this novel, I found it to be incredibly charming and I loved the inclusion of IMs and emails to tell the story. Maddy and Olly are great characters and their relationship was so special. 

2. REIGN OF SHADOWS by Sophie Jordan (ARC). It's been 17 years since an eclipse left the world in darkness and danger and life is completely different. It was interesting to read about this very different world, but it was the two main characters who were truly awesome. You guys, Fowler is amazing. 

1. THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas. Celaena is such an amazingly badass main character! I could read about her kicking ass all day long. I could also read about her two suitors as well:) Excited to continue this series! I hate that I didn't get into it sooner.

No comments: