Pages

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Here Comes The Sun Again

I get in this discussion a lot with people, but I don't understand liking and enjoying summer. I always clarify my "I hate hot" statement by adding that I love both the beach and the pool. Being hot when near large bodies of water is great. It makes sense. What I don't get is being okay with being hot and sweaty when on one's way to things like work and social gatherings. Call me crazy*, but I like to look my best when going out and 90+ degrees is not my ideal for that.

I don't like spring just because I get terrible allergies. Even though I take allergy stuff now, it still affects me and I remember being 16 and having itchy red eyes from about April to June and then sneezing still until the flowers died off come fall. Despite my allergy to nature, I get why people like spring. This year I feel like we had an actual spring. It seemed to never get above 80 and the nights still had a chill in the air. I hope we get a proper fall this year, too!

I know I am very alone in enjoying winter more than summer, but I'll never ever change. Even when I'm rich and own a yacht**, I'll still prefer the colder times of the year.

So, you guys enjoy sweating while I count down to both being by the water and it being fall.


XO,
SVR




*Just don't call me Shirley
**But see, being in/on/near a large body of water negates the heat. Hmmm!

+Title from M. Ward

2 comments:

Randi said...

Maybe you should say that you don't like "East Coast" summers.... it seems like you don't like humidity.

watch friends said...

Hi,
Wonderful blog.I have recently found an online TV Show with great episodes ling ahead to watched watch friends online , episodes are very interesting.