Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Feel Good Inc

I have to work tonight. Working on a Saturday bothers me to no end. It always has. I think even in high school, when there really wasn't much fun to get into, I hated to be stuck at my job. When I was living in Richmond it was awesome because at my job they would give those crappy shifts to the high schoolers and to the college kids who had to make money. I had to make money, too, but I was available all week.

I'm 30. I'm young and like to have fun. I have no kids. I am free to do whatever I want. So when I have to work at night it really annoys me. I guess I should be grateful to have a job, but why can't that job just occur during the day?

But in order to not make this day a total waste, I am going to the Warrenton Spring Festival. Warrenton, VA is one of my favorite places on the planet. It's the Stars Hollow of VA in my opinion. I haven't been able to go to the Spring/Fall Festivals much over the years because of work or other obligations, but I want to make the effort this year.

I'm tempted to go in disguise, though...am I ready to small talk?!

XO,
SVR

No comments: