Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Autumn

Last Tuesday I headed out early on my way to visit my sister in Saratoga Springs, NY.



It's a gorgeous trip up there anyway, but when the leaves are changing, it is just exquisite!



I about died while driving through the Pennsylvania mountains. I'm pretty sure they were peaking last week. WOW!

The next morning Ali and I left at about 8am on our way to to Vermont. Our directions were to Burlington and this ride was just as gorgeous as my one the day before.



At one point in the directions Ali said, "OK...turn right" but as I looked to my right, all I saw was a huge lake!



"WHAT?!" The directions, which we hadn't really looked too closely at, said, "Turn right. Get on ferry." I thought I was going to throw up. The lake is HUGE and I had never driven onto a ferry so I was just a little scared. But we did it and it was fun!




I was scared because we were the last car on to the ferry and were quite close to the edge!



Burlington is awesome. I was there about 15 years ago, but my memories are hazy. I could absolutely live here.




People here were also super nice. Two people stopped to offer us change when we were feeding the parking meter.

We also went to the Magic Hat Brewery in Burlington, VT, which was AWESOME and we got to try about eight beers. I was in heaven.



Then we drove the 35 minutes or so to Montpelier to visit our Aunt Bonnie. I remembered Montpelier much better as I was there for a about a week when I was 15. We had a grand afternoon hanging out with my aunt drinking beer/wine and playing with her huge dogs.




It was chilly there so we actually sat in the sun for most of the day. How refreshing to sit in the sun and not be miserable. Cold weather, FTW!!!



On Thursday, Nathaniel's (my brother-in-law), family came into town to visit as well so much of the next few days was us all drinking beer and going out to eat.






Nathaniel in Saratoga Springs, NY.

I left earrrly Monday morning and while my drive home went well, I was sad to leave. I miss living near my sister. And it's also nice to not work for a week. But mostly, I miss living near Ali. A lot.




XO,
SVR

+ Titled from Smashing Pumpkins

3 comments:

Beckerman Girls said...

FABBB trip! Looks like you had a blast.Your pics are gorrrgeous! We are obsessed with the colorful leaves at this time of year!
Happy Fall!
kisses
xoThe Beckerman Girls

http://www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

Unknown said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I'm serious about a repeat of Vermont in the winter.

Miss Scarlet said...

Beckerman Girls- It was SO much fun!

Serena- Totes!