Pages

Monday, December 09, 2013

Top TV Picks Of 2013!

2013 has been completely overwhelming with trying to keep up to date with my TV watching. Oh, you "don't watch TV"? Move along. We're here to discuss TV, which is awesome!

Here are my top picks for 2013, in order! (Which terrifies me.)

15. Elementary- Jonny Lee Miller > Benedict Cumberbatch. And Lucy Liu is amazing!
14. The Walking Dead- I admit it, this show was starting to bore me. The prison was boring me! But then I marathoned the last five episodes to get to the mid-season finale and whoa, it's back! 
13. Under the Dome- Having not read the Stephen King novel this is based on, I spend each week thinking "What. The. Hell. Is. Going. On?!"
12. The Killing- I fell off of this show in season two, but man, this past season was so incredible. Peter Sarsgaard was so so so so so good in this. Be sure to watch it!
11. The Americans- A show about Russian spys? These are my people.
10. Reign- A CW show about Mary, Queen of Scots? They may as well have called it "For Scarlet."
9. Hannibal- So dark! So twisted! Like watching a horror movie every week.
8. Homeland- This season hasn't been as good as the past two, but it's had a lot more spy stuff, so I've been happy. This show, like no other, creates so much tension! And they don't always make it obvious as to what's going on. It's a very intelligent show.
7. Downton Abbey- The clothes, the love stories, the proposal in the snow. Luckily, I was expecting that last scene. Can't wait for season 4!
6. Top of the Lake- It took me an episode or two to be come fully obsessed, but once I was, there was no turning back. Elisabeth Moss is INCREDIBLE in this (I almost can't watch her as Peggy anymore) and Johnno is super hott. It's full of really weird characters, so be ready for that.
5. Mad Men- A lot of people didn't like this season, but I really enjoyed the slow burn that it was. Don Draper was a mess, Betty was back, and what is going on with Bob Jenson!?
4. Orphan Black- Do yourself a favor and catch up this show immediately! Tatiana Maslany plays nine characters in this show about clones. It's incredible how she makes each and every one different.
3. Parenthood- What other show makes me cry multiple times per episode? This show is filled with great acting that never feels forced and some of my favorite actors! Lauren Graham, Peter Krause, Mae Whitman, Dax Shepard, ahhhh, every week they just get better and better!
2. Pretty Little Liars- I love that this show has been on for years now and we're still trying to figure out who A is. This show is all about style, so sit back and get ready to fall in love with the fashion of each and every character. Don't think too hard about the plot as it's definitely far-fetched, but the mystery and clues are a lot of fun.
1. Game of Thrones- If this show aired every night for two hours, it would still not be enough. I love everything about it. It has amazing actors, a million characters, sex, violence, humor, dragons, and a lot of blood. A lot...of blood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need to find out when The Americans comes back on. So good!