Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dads are Rad!!!

In honor of Father's Day, I wanted to do my own version of the Best Dads in Pop Culture!

In no particular order...

  • Jack Arnold in The Wonder Years.
    • I'm sure not everyone would think of Mr. Arnold as a Dad of the Year, but he was always so heartbreaking in that show. I felt like he was completely misunderstood. He was a man who grew up in the Great Depression and fought in the Korean War. He was an old school man trying to deal with raising a family in the 1960s. I was so sad when they said he died when Kevin was in college.
  • Steven Keaton in Family Ties.
    • No other dad in the universe is as accepting as ex-hippie Steven Keaton, which is constantly explored through his relationship with his Republican son, Alex P. Keaton. I loved how funny he was and how much he obviously loved each of his very different children.
  • Keith Mars in Veronica Mars.
    • I love Keith Mars because he would sacrifice anything for his daughter and also because he believes in her so much. 
  • Eddard Stark in Games of Thrones.
    • More than pretty much everyone, Ned Stark wanted to teach his children right and wrong. He also actually cared about his kids and where they would end up. 
  • George Banks in Father of the Bride.
    • What a great dad! He would do anything to make his daughter's wedding perfect:) 
  • Bryan Mills in Taken.
    • I loooooove that scene when he is on the phone with his daughter and he is all "Listen. You're going to be taken." He is so badass.
  • Charlie in Twilight.
    • He is one of my favorite parts of these books/movies. I just love that he wants Bella safe, but he's not really sure how to do that always. 
  • Harry Stamper in Armageddon.
    • I mean, he gives up his life for his daughter's love. I love this movie!


Do you have any you'd like to add??

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: