In no particular order...
- Jack Arnold in The Wonder Years.
- I'm sure not everyone would think of Mr. Arnold as a Dad of the Year, but he was always so heartbreaking in that show. I felt like he was completely misunderstood. He was a man who grew up in the Great Depression and fought in the Korean War. He was an old school man trying to deal with raising a family in the 1960s. I was so sad when they said he died when Kevin was in college.
- Steven Keaton in Family Ties.
- No other dad in the universe is as accepting as ex-hippie Steven Keaton, which is constantly explored through his relationship with his Republican son, Alex P. Keaton. I loved how funny he was and how much he obviously loved each of his very different children.
- Keith Mars in Veronica Mars.
- I love Keith Mars because he would sacrifice anything for his daughter and also because he believes in her so much.
- Eddard Stark in Games of Thrones.
- More than pretty much everyone, Ned Stark wanted to teach his children right and wrong. He also actually cared about his kids and where they would end up.
- George Banks in Father of the Bride.
- What a great dad! He would do anything to make his daughter's wedding perfect:)
- Bryan Mills in Taken.
- I loooooove that scene when he is on the phone with his daughter and he is all "Listen. You're going to be taken." He is so badass.
- Charlie in Twilight.
- He is one of my favorite parts of these books/movies. I just love that he wants Bella safe, but he's not really sure how to do that always.
- Harry Stamper in Armageddon.
- I mean, he gives up his life for his daughter's love. I love this movie!
Do you have any you'd like to add??
Happy Father's Day!