Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Book Boos: March

And...still catching up...

4. WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT by April Genevieve Tucholke. (ARC) This month's books should really be "Tied for 1" and "Tied for 2", but I don't make the rules...oh wait, I do. Anyway, enjoyed this book with three very unreliable narrators. I haven't had a chance to reread it yet, but I think it'll be even better the second time through. Also, check out that cover!

3. THE HUSBAND'S SECRET by Liane Moriarty. (Audio) I love Moriarty's books because you're into the story because the characters are interesting and you just read and read until, all of a sudden, all of those little details start to fit into place and things come together for an epic conclusion. (One note: if you're new to her books, I'd recommend BIG LITTLE LIES first- Loved that one!)

2. REBEL OF THE SANDS by Alwyn Hamilton. (ARC) I was really obnoxious when this book came out because I was so excited about it and wanted everyone to read it. It's one of the best debuts I've ever read, a story that feels fresh with concise, but descriptive language. Really amazing! Also, those main characters! Ahhh!

1. A GATHERING OF SHADOWS by V. E. Schwab. (ARC) A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC is a top five book for me and I was beyond excited for book two in the series. It's incredible how Schwab progresses the story, but changes its tone (she has said herself that book one is heavy on plot and book two on characters), yet keeps it as brilliant as the first book. Most of the action in AGOS takes place at a magical tournament and those parts were some of my favorite. I also really love the addition of Alucard who is a very interesting character. This series is AMAZING and you really should read it asap.

No comments: