A good time was had in San Francisco, the Windy City*. I feel like we hit the appropriate amount of everything we set out to do: shop, touristy things, eat, randomness, and Berkeley.
- Amoeba in Haight/Ashbury (or "The Haight" as I guess I'm supposed to call it) where I found the most amazing imports and out of print CDs. I had to put blinders on to get to the cash register.
- KidRobot and Giant Robot (did I get those names correct?) I bought the little "No Smoking" guy.
- Whatever store that I found Cold War Unicorns for Ali!
- The vintage store where I bought a skirt for $1!
- Fisherman's Wharf- Cool for the boats and seeing Alcatraz**, but a bit overrated and also mfing hot when there!
- Cable cars- Yes, we rode one. Almost ran over some guy, too. I kept wanting it to go faster, though.
- Lombard Street, the most crookedest street- Holy hell do legs burn after walking up this! I felt like jelly on the walk back down.
- The BEST Italian food and cocktails at a restaurant in North Beach with an incredibly sexay waiter.
- Mexican in the Mission area.
- Iced coffee wherever we could find it.
- Carl Jr.s in the middle of the night (See "Berkeley")
- Specks- Don't go there. Definitely don't order a Jack and Coke there!
- Sneaking into a fancy hotel for the restroom and then asking at the front desk how to get to the Bart.
- The Bart
- San Fran Barnes & Noble!
- Bums. A lot of them. Who like to talk to you. And come right up if they think you're a tourist.
- What happens in Berkeley stays in Berkeley, but I will say that it was a kick-ass time.
- Oh, and we got stuck there.
- And had to find a way back to the city.
- And I found out I like feta!
- Party People!
*Just kidding. I know that's Chicago, but my mom kept calling it that and it cracked me up.
**Cue Mr. T!