So, let's see...movies first, music later...
Scottish Movies To Watch:
- Braveheart- Duh! I haven't seen this movie in years and am so excited for the rain, the fights, and Mel Gibson as William Wallace.
- Trainspotting- Ewan McGregor is so good in this movie. I might skip the baby scene, but otherwise, this movie is so good and it's by Danny Boyle who also directed Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours. I also love Jonny Lee Miller and Kelly MacDonald.
- Dog Soldiers- I haven't actually heard of this one, but it's a horror movie that takes place in the Scottish Highlands so I'm in. It has a pretty good rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Rob Roy- Can you believe I've never seen this?
- Stone of Destiny- Supposedly light-hearted and it has Kate Mara in it.
- Brave- Such a cute movie and the accents are to die for! Hard to believe Merida is voiced by Kelly MacDonald who you will remember is also in Trainspotting.
- Dear Frankie- Gerard Butler pretends to be a kids dad for a week while in port in Scotland? Done!
- The 39 Steps- Honestly, any excuse to watch a Hitchcock movie works for me.
I think that's a good start! Do you have any films that take place in Scotland that you would recommend??
*I'm gonna mention this a lot. Sorry.
+ Title from The Mountain Goats