Pages

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Friends Review: 1.1: TOWMGAR

Friends was everything to be from 1994 until 10 years later when it went off the air. I've had it on DVD for years, but with it now being on Netflix, I thought it would be fun to sort of review it now that I'm 20 (OMG!) years older.

So, without further adieu...

The One Where Monica Gets A Roommate

  • 1994 fashion was atrocious. Phoebe is wearing an oversize jean vest and Monica looks like she is a character in Working Girl. 
  • Remember how cool Central Perk was? I mean is. I'd still kill for a hangout spot like that. 
  • I own one of those extra large Friends mugs:) I got it for Christmas in 1994 along with a Friends sleep shirt. Go, Santa!
  • So our first shot of The Apartment...Wowza! Even as a 14 year old, I knew this wasn't how it worked in NYC. I always loved how the place was decorated, though. You don't often see so much stuff in the apartment of people so young, though.
  • They're drinking Mello Yellow! I don't think I ever noticed that.
  •   Reallllly bad hair in this first episode. Joey has a 12 year old's bowl cut, Monica has the grown out version, and Phoebe's pigtails are threatening to take over the entire show. 
  • I think Jennifer Aniston is such a great actress in this entire series. 
  • So, they're supposed to be early 20s, right? Paul the Wine Guy looks so old!
  • Apartment 5. That changes, doesn't it?
  • "You look like you slept with a hanger in your mouth." I still don't get why that joke is met with "Wooowwwwww"s.
  • It's funny that Rachel doesn't have a blow out in this first episode. Her hair is quite big. 
  • Ross asks Rachel if he can maybe ask her out one day. So sweet:) Sets up the entire series. 
This was a great pilot. It's super dated now in the fashion and hair and stuff, but the jokes are still good and the physical comedy will always make me laugh. Can't wait to continue!

No comments: