So, without further adieu...
The One Where Monica Gets A Roommate
- 1994 fashion was atrocious. Phoebe is wearing an oversize jean vest and Monica looks like she is a character in Working Girl.
- Remember how cool Central Perk was? I mean is. I'd still kill for a hangout spot like that.
- I own one of those extra large Friends mugs:) I got it for Christmas in 1994 along with a Friends sleep shirt. Go, Santa!
- So our first shot of The Apartment...Wowza! Even as a 14 year old, I knew this wasn't how it worked in NYC. I always loved how the place was decorated, though. You don't often see so much stuff in the apartment of people so young, though.
- They're drinking Mello Yellow! I don't think I ever noticed that.
- Reallllly bad hair in this first episode. Joey has a 12 year old's bowl cut, Monica has the grown out version, and Phoebe's pigtails are threatening to take over the entire show.
- I think Jennifer Aniston is such a great actress in this entire series.
- So, they're supposed to be early 20s, right? Paul the Wine Guy looks so old!
- Apartment 5. That changes, doesn't it?
- "You look like you slept with a hanger in your mouth." I still don't get why that joke is met with "Wooowwwwww"s.
- It's funny that Rachel doesn't have a blow out in this first episode. Her hair is quite big.
- Ross asks Rachel if he can maybe ask her out one day. So sweet:) Sets up the entire series.