Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Didn't Understand

As I was driving home today, I passed by a cemetery* when something caught my eye. It was about 8:30pm and I saw a family sitting at a grave marker. I passed by too quickly to take in many details, but I instantly realized that they were there because it was Father's Day.

It made me really sad to think about. It was a different sadness, though. I can't empathize (thank goodness) and really, I feel like trying to sympathize is unfair, too. "I'm sorry" and "I know" just don't work sometimes. I hope a well-timed hug means more than empty words.

I think I know too many people who have lost their dads too early. Too many being any number over zero.

That's all...I don't really want to think about this. I guess I'm lucky that I don't have to.

XO and Happy Fathers Day,

SVR





*My great uncle is actually buried there. Aw.

No comments: