Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Kherington and Switch dancing hip hop: Wow! Great costumes! Great routine! Great facial expressions! I loved this! To have pretty Kherington be believable in hip hop is something. And I love Twitch. I loved how they’d go from ‘hard’ to kind of comical in their facial expressions like, “Watch this!”
Gev and Courtnee dancing rumba: Gev is precious. I love how nervous he was in rehearsal. Whoa she looks half naked when she does the turns. They’re definitely working the eye contact with each other. This dance is super sexy, but it’s hard to get excited about the choreography, in my opinion. It’s almost like if the costume is good and the heat is there, you’re going to like it. Good job, though.
Chris and Comfort dancing jazz: I hate when they describe dances as “earthy” or “organic”. OMG Marlilyn Manson! Oh yeah! OK, I loved this dance because it is a great song, but I felt like she got off a little bit. Very different, though, so props for that. I guess I agree with Nigel that it could have been a bit more powerful.
Jessica and Will dancing disco: Some parts of the dance are so not flowing, but they are doing tons of tricks and steps. I feel like they needed to go through it a few more times before they hit the stage because some parts were just not gelled.
Kourtni and Matt dancing contemporary: Yay for a guest choreographer-new blood is good. Hot Chip! WOOHOO! Oh wow, I so loved this dance. Hella crazy moves, but you could still tell they had great technique. Yay yay yay!
Chelsee and Thayne dancing the quick step?: I like him, but I am so over her. It didn’t really grab my attention, to be honest. I definitely think they will be in the bottom three.
Chelsea and Marc dancing hip hop: Maybe I’m a super emo dork, but this totally hit me! Like, if I was a crier, I would have cried. I don’t know, I reallllly liked it. The emotion was so awesome from them and the choreography was off the hook. I love them!!!! (I also want to learn this dance for myself.)
Katee and Joshua dancing the samba: Hold on, I’m going to rewatch the last one first Oh a new haircut! Cute. They are super cute together. I know nothing about the samba, but I would guess that the technique is not stellar, but good. It reminds me of Dirty Dancing Havana Nights-YAY! I think they’re chemistry is great. I love them, too.
I bet Jessica and ??? are kicked off. I think the guys are insane this year. I can’t even pick one that is weak. Maybe Thayne, just because of the boring routine.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
An open letter from the Queens of the Stone Age lead singer.
"Member of the Peanut Gallery:
Some journalists & citizens on the internet & are wondering: Q? Am I a homophobe because I included a slang for gay in with other "acceptable" curse words during a verbal lashing I gave a young concertgoer, after being hit by his shoe, during a show the other day? A= Nope. My gay family & friends, as well as myself, KNOW I am not a homophobe. For years now I've known gay is not a choice; one's skin color doesn't determine one's intelligence level; & red hair doesn't mean you're someone's stepchild. You see, it's not the words, it's their intent. I never said, nor suggested, that being gay is wrong, but apparently, based on your outrage to my flu-infused rant, you do! By that logic… I also told that young whipper snapper I'd have anal sex with him… how can I possibly reconcile these opposing viewpoints? I called him a pussy too. Does it mean I hate our one worlds' collective vagina? I never have been nor intend to be politically correct. That's your cross to bear. To me, that PC world would suck more shit than the porta-potty truck at Glastonbury. Homophobic? I'm in Queens of the Stone Age for crissake… You say, "So. Your band name doesn't prove anything." Maybe not. But it's a helluv a lot more definitive than the logic of some watchdog… (sorry canine-American, canine-European, canine-African, canine-Australian & canine-Asian) moralist, keeping score from pure perfectionville? If your glass house is squeegeed that clean & you need to do something, do what the great philosopher Bill Hick's once suggested: — forgive me–. Or don't. I'm not asking for either, OK? I think you should let both of your cheeks go loose so the stick will drop out. Either way I expect that you'll soon find another injustice from your chair, then roll to your bullhorn & point it out to the rest of us… Because you're so above it all. Or If you'll allow me to translate a wish of mine into your PC lingo:
Will you please go have, consensual, sex with yourself.
Pretty please with all natural, carbon offset sugar on top.
A.K.A. Joshua, Baby Duck, Jho
Head Choreographer & Do Stuff Corporation's pansexual spokes-thing"
From Perez Hilton.
Same as the Charlie Sheen crapola going on. Get over it!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
1. Chelsea and Hayne dancing jazz: I love a dance that a) tells a story, b) is dark and c) involves interesting movements so basically, I like this dance. Although, as it goes on, it seems like they are doing more posing than dancing. Tsk tsk. I agree with the judges.
2. Mark and Chelsie dancing argentine tango: Looooove the tango. Super sexy. Wow! Not only was her outfit super hott, but the leg moves were off the hook. I love love love this dance. I really like these two. I like how quirky he is and how cherubic she is (stealing their word, haha). Man, this tango was so good. Oh, and her last name is Hightower, which is beyond Police Academy cool!
3. Jessica and Will dancing hip hop: Ok, usually the worst part about the hip hop routines are the outfits because they often will look just ridiculous. That said, I really liked this dance! It was so smooth, but still badass. Mia is right thought, that Will really stood out and Jessica seemed more like a cheerleader doing a routine. I think it can be tough for some of these girls (and guys) who are used to looking pretty on stage to make it believable when they dance hip hop. Cool routine, though. Does she remind you of
4. Kourtni and Matt dancing the fox trot: I really like him and she is okay. Love the green dress! Do NOT love Michael Buble, gross. I like how light and flighty this dance is. They seem like they’re at a club in the 20s just having a good ol’ time.
5. Courtney and Gev dancing contemporary: She is so into that she’s bringing me into it. Awesome move where she ran up his leg. I am not sure he did enough to keep him there if they end up in the bottom three, but I think people will vote for the routine because it was so pretty and intense. I don’t think he did a bad job, it just didn’t stand out for me…but I think people will vote for it.
6. Katee and Joshua dancing broadway: This is another dance (like jazz) where I prefer it to be darker and I tend to not like it when it’s cheesy. Ok, the song is HORRIBLE-I hate 90% of musicals. I love the flexed foot moves. The cane addition is very good, though. She has a great face for broadway dancing. I like this dance a lot, but I can’t help but recoil at the thought of having to sit through the whole musical, haha. I like them both-they’re adorable.
7. Susie and Marquis dancing salsa: How old is she? And Alex de Silva is wearing some HOTT pants, wowzers. That hand stand move was cool. Reminds me of the Sabra one from last year. I love this music and the dance is good…I bet they will get dawged on the footwork and be given props for the lifts.
8. Kherington and Twitch dancing viennese waltz: Dammit the satellite is going out. Oh this is gorgeous! Celine Dion is super cheese, but the fact that he was inspired by the song means a lot. The white outfits are breathtaking. Oh my goodness, when he holds her at the end I seriously teared up. I don’t care how they danced it, I loved it.
9. Comfort and Chris krumping: Oh I have such a crush on 50. I like him, but would be okay with her leaving. I liked the dance, it was fun.
OK…kicked off will be…and I am totally guessing: Chelsea, Hayne, Susie, or Marquis.
Monday, June 16, 2008
- Deluxe edition
- I got the entire score of Holst's "The Planets" for $5.
- I wore silver shoes today.
- Black Cherry Chutney
- I've been sipping a glass of chianti for hours now.
- My room smells good.
- Omelettes tomorrow morning.
- I love my car.
- I now own every Brad Pitt movie there is.
- More Team Scarlet shirts. Supply and demand, baby!
- The Lakers are still in it.
- Tomorrow is my 28 and 4 months birthday.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
It made me really sad to think about. It was a different sadness, though. I can't empathize (thank goodness) and really, I feel like trying to sympathize is unfair, too. "I'm sorry" and "I know" just don't work sometimes. I hope a well-timed hug means more than empty words.
I think I know too many people who have lost their dads too early. Too many being any number over zero.
That's all...I don't really want to think about this. I guess I'm lucky that I don't have to.
XO and Happy Fathers Day,
*My great uncle is actually buried there. Aw.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Rayven (I mean Molly Shannon) and Jamie dancing hip hop:
Dude, she’s 28 so I automatically like her. And she’s a ballerina, which is cool. Ok, so the dance. . .The best parts were the beginning and the splits move. Major points taken away for pulling his pants down and the crotch grabbing. It’s just cheesy and not very classy.
Susie and Marquis dancing smooth waltz (bust for them):
He tried out in DC so that’s where his bonus points come from. I’m not so sure about her yet. And I rarely like the smooth waltz. I just don’t think it’s memorable until the dancer’s are more well-known. It helps that he is such a smooth dancer and she cleans up well, but I think they’ll need to hope her students all vote to keep them in the competition. They had some obvious mess ups (the lift), but it looked difficult so props.
Kourtni L. (wtf with the spelling?) and Matt dancing jazz:
I’m not sure about her. I love her dancing, but something about her annoys me. Do you think choreographer Mandy Moore gets teased about “Candy” a lot? Anyway, they’re talking about their tallness-so now I like both of them more. See, it’s wicked early in the competition so I’m using anything to pick favorites. Oh dude, hott song and the oufits may be even hotter. Is this the same song Sabra and Neil danced to on the table? She kind of looks like Neil now that I think about it…ok, cool routine. Like the jazz. It’s snazzy! (I think I really like Matt. He’s cute.)
Chelsea T. (who reminds me of Nina) and Hayne (cool name) dancing the cha cha:
The cha cha is a smokin’ dance so I am excited to see this. I think she’s really pretty, but sometimes she looks a little tranny, I hate to say it. Super hott dance, though! I really liked it and they kicked it on the execution.
Sidenote: Can we put a moratorium on the “hot tamale train”? PLEASE.
Chelsie H. and Mark dancing contemporary:
Lucky bitches dancing with Mia Michaels, although I bet it’s wicked tough choreography. Wow, harsh criticism in the intro so let’s see. Haha, he totally kissed her! This is a very interesting dance with some neato moves. The dress is kind of huge, though. I would have calmed that down. Weird ending! (In a good way.) I like her. . . Not sure about him so far. I like his quirkiness, but he seems like a loose cannon.
Kherington and Twitch dancing broadway:
I like them! Great couple. Oh wow! I liked this routine so much I had to wait until it was over to type!!!! So hott.
Comfort and Chris dancing the jive:
Her name is not real, right? And did she have braces at the auditions? I’m confused. “Me and Chris is gonna kill it.” Yabbo! Anyway, the beginning of the dance is super cool! He reminds me a tiny bit of Benji actually, which could turn out to be a bad thing, haha! I think they did a very good job! I enjoyed it. I like her dancing, but I wish she wouldn’t speak.
Katee (two “e”s, really?) and Joshua dancing hip hop:
The idea for the routine sounds cool. I do NOT lke Jordan Sparks, but Chris Brown is awesome (2 up, 2 down). That move where she “pulls” him up is great. I like this one a lot. Woop! Aw and the trading of the shirt at the end was a nice touch. Love!
Jessica and Will dancing the tango:
I like these two A LOT and am excited to see them dance the tango. (Oh and she wears big earrings! Points!) I might have a crush on him, by the way. She is smiling a bit much for this “sexy” routine, but I think they’re doing a good job otherwise. I think the camera angels covered up a little bauble she had, by the way. Awesome ending!
Courtney G. and Gev dancing disco:
She dances for the Knicks-that’s pretty cool (By the way, GO LAKERS!) and he wears chartreuse, which is also bad ass. Loooovin’ the disco! It’s always so entertaining. I can’t believe Nigel doesn’t like it, but I’m glad Mary and Dan gave it positive comments. I thought they did a great job! I can’t imagine having to listen to Earth, Wind And Fire all week in rehearsal-*shudder*!
So what did you guys think???
I honestly have no idea who will get voted off. My only thought is that the smooth waltzers are in trouble just because that’s such a tough dance to get votes with.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because I think tennis is one of the best sports there are. I was prompted to blog about it because I just watched Game 3 on the NBA finals and I was reminded again about a total pet peeve of mine:
I hate the last 20 seconds or so of most sporting events.
The Lakers had the ball with about 21 seconds to go and the commentators were freaking out that the Celtics were not fouling them. It happened the other night, too. The Lakers made a come back and they were saying how they just needed to keep fouling to make them shoot, stop the clock, etc. Ok...how often does that actually work? And I don't mean that in a "you should ever stop trying to win" way, but really-the fouling at the end of the game play is so annoying. Props to Boston for not pulling that shitty play tonight.
And the reason I brought up tennis is because the game is roughly the same until the end of the match. Sure, things will change depending on how tired the players are or the weather or something, but it's not like Andy Murray gets to 6-4 6-3 5-2 and then plays an entirely different game where his tactic is to get penalties called on his opponent. The closest likeness to the Fouling play in basketball is either 1) like when Martina Hingis served underhand in the French (?) Open years ago or 2) playing all drop shots in the last game. But in scenario 1 she was booed like whoa because it's super lame to do that! (just like fouling is super lame in the last few seconds of the game) and 2 at least the drop shot is an often-utilized shot.
I also hate it in football when, in the last few moments of the game, the QB downs the ball each time to run out the clock. But even that makes more sense to me than the bball play since they run the risk of an interception if they try to run or pass the football. In bball though, if you foul them, they get to take 2 shots* and they're usually going to make it! So yeah, then you either try to get the rebound or get the ball, but the defense is gonna be hella crazy. It just irks me. Can we make a rule that the fouling play can only be used if a team is 3 points or fewer behind?
*I do know the rules...usually in the last moments of the game they're going to be shooting for the called fouls.
Sunday, June 08, 2008
- Go Lakers! I have $1 (payable in happy hour beer) riding on the series.
- I had awesome cards when playing Texas Hold 'Em last night. One day I'll play with real money and I hope I have the same "luck".
- Randi read Tarot cards for us. I think Tarot cards are like horoscopes where it can be fun to read into what you're told, but you can make pretty much anything make sense. I asked two questions and the answers kinda freaked me out. Except for when I got The Goddess card and she asked if I wanted to get pregnant...HELL TO THE N-O!!!! Whoa.
- Although I did tell my parents again that I want to go to Vegas, but that I have my rule about getting married if/when I go. I think they're cool with it.
- Except they took that minuscule opening to ask if I have a boyfriend. Grrr!
- Ali and I are going to Kings Dominion on Thursday. EXCITING!
- I am excited about a job contact I made.
- Did anyone see the French Open finals? Nadal is on FIRE. Federer looked stunned.
- I saw a buzzard (?) eating a cat earlier today. I sorta wanted to vomit.
Sunday, June 01, 2008
I was out late Thursday and then worked until midnight on Friday. Saturday I got up after just a few hours of sleep to take my parents to the airport. I had two naps that day before it was even 9am! I slept on the way to the airport and then passed out for an hour before work at my sister's apartment. Work that day was a blur.
Despite my tiredness, there were parties to attend. Ali and I headed over to our cousin's graduation party that turned out to be off the hook! They had two kegs for about 30 people and after quickly kicking the 1/4 one, my uncle headed off to pick up another. I was impressed. We had a good time and even caused quite the stir at the beer pong table because we were so good.
Sunday I was off and spent is doing nothing, which I needed to do.
Monday I worked at 7am, which was brutal, as always and that night I didn't get much sleep again! I was worried for Tuesday because I 1) worked at 7am again and 2) had tickets to see The Raconteurs that night!
Of course I went to the show. I think I would have gone even if Ali and Bearthaniel would have had to prop me up, haha! The Raconteurs were SO good. They were so good that I forgot how much my feet hurt and how tired I was.
Wednesday I was back at work at 9am, but at least I got to ride in HOV because the dark circles under my eyes had to sit in the passenger seat. I don't think I did anything that night.
Thursday was another regular day and Friday I had off. My initial plan was to just hang out and rest, but I'm never very good at staying home all day. Serena and Ravena were going to see the Sex And The City movie, but I hate paying for movies and rarely go to them. I also figured I would fall asleep during it anyway since they were going to a late showing, haha. However, at a bar I can stay awake and after Christopher called and said some people from college were meeting up, I headed out to meet up with them. I wasn't out very late, but somehow, as it always goes, I didn't get much sleep and headed into work on Saturday on very little sleep...again!
Per my daughter duties, I went to Dulles at about 730 to pick my parents up from their trip to St. Barths. I fell asleep while waiting in the cell phone parking lot. Awesome. Then I drove them home and turned right back around to go to a going away party in Fairfax where I stayed until 4am.
What is wrong with me? hahah! I had to rest my eyes before I could drive home and barely remember the conversation I had on the phone about 20 miles from my house.
Needless to say I slept way in today and will be having no trouble falling asleep tonight...unless someone calls with something fun to do!