Top Bands From Scotland:
- Mogwai- One of my favourite* bands! "Folk Death 95" is an incredible work of art and it moves me-MOVES ME- when I hear it. I love how dark and heavy this band is and 90% of the times, it's done solely instrumentally.
- Belle & Sebastian- Voted the top Scottish band of all time awhile back, this band is definitely on my list. They're sometimes a little too cutesy for me, but all the same, great melodies and lyrics.
- Franz Ferdinand- This band is FUN. You just can not listen to them and not feel happy. (Sidenote: The band members have incredible accents!)
- Travis- I first heard this band in college and it was a secret track that I was obsessed with! And how can you top a song titles "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?" Depressing!
- Twilight Sad- I don't have as much experience with this band, but I remember hearing them and I could tell they were Scottish so that wins a lot of points in my book.
- Arab Strap- Completely obsessed with them. Serena and I saw them awhile back and it was so so so good. You can hear Aidan Moffat's accent in the songs and it's so good.
- Mendelssohn- Okay, not Scottish, but his "Hebrides Overture" is, quite possibly, my favorite classical piece of all time.
- Snow Patrol- I saw them live once.
- Frightened Rabbit
- We Were Promised Jetpacks
- Camera Obscura
*Gotta get used to these British spellings.
+ Title from Idlewild