Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Chocolate

I realized that if (when) I am a teacher I will have to make sure noone tries to give me apples...
1. I hate that cliche teacher crap
2. I'm allergic to apples

My spanish 3 teacher in 10th grade was allergic to chalk (ha!) so when she was annoying and/or mean people would put chalk into her drinks. It's so mean and potentially dangerous but also kind of funny. I never did that. I think she liked me.

Anyway, ideas for alternatives to apples:
1. chocolate
2. mix CDs
3. iTunes gift cards
4. tomatoes
5. earrings

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was in high school, we had this Spanish teacher that nobody liked. She always had a mug of coffee on her desk.

We also had a chemistry teacher that showed us some chemical substance that "would cause a terrible case of diarrhea if consumed."

I think you can guess what happened next. I'll just leave you with this advice - Don't leave uncovered drinks unattended.

Jess Riley said...

tomatoes! I love it.

Miss Scarlet said...

Ryn- I plan on being well-liked. That's a hilarious story though!

Jess riley- me too! Tomatoes are the new apples!

Cheryl said...

If chocolate was the teacher gift, I'd so be a teacher. That'd be the deciding factor for me.

Miss Scarlet said...

I know! I would so give extra credit for it, too:)

I wonder if I can put on my syllabus:

"Allergic to apples, please bring chocolate"

Unknown said...

Earrings would be dangerous. They'd most likely be those cheesy teacher kind (think a version of those holiday vests for the ears).