Pages

Monday, February 27, 2006

Cool For School

Is it bad that I'm thinking more about having to present my midterm to my classmates than turning it into the professor? Most everyone in there intimidates me because they are all teachers already (I am one of three who is not already but I think I am the only one not even working in a school). I don't really sit there and shake in fear of them or anything but it definitely causes me to not speak up too much in class. They all participate with, "In my classroom..." and all I can come up with is, "When I was in high school..." which doesn't have the same effect (especially when high school was almost 10 years ago!)

So on Wednesday our midterms are due which is a lesson plan based on a webpage we chose. I think my idea is a good one and it uses a reading strategy we've talked about but I'm still a little nervous. One or two of my classmates can be insensitive jerks, or "devil's advocates" as they like to call themselves. NOONE ever likes the devil's advocate. I am glad our presentations are only five minutes long so there shouldn't be too much time for many questions. And it's nice being the only music person in there, less pressure and noone to be compared to. Anyway, I hope I get a good grade. I hate this whole "Bs in Grad School" shit. How can you have "D for Diploma" for 17 years and then just yank it away?? They should at least ween us off of that for awhile.

In more exciting news (doesn't take much), I am woring on two mix CDs. One is one I'm exchanging with Anna and its theme is "Crazy Song Titles"...the other is for Mailtunes 3.0 for the geography theme. I really want to have a unique take on this but for right now I'm just picking out anything and everything having to do with geography.

XO,
SVR

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm excited for Mailtunes. It should be an interesting assortment of songs : )

Pam said...

My classmates also stressed me out more than the profs!

Miss Scarlet said...

I am excited, too, Flameon!!!!! These mixes are too much fun:)

Pam-It's why I hate group work. I'm glad people understand!

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I know you're stressed, groups can suck. But don't let them get you down. You earned your right to be there just as much as they did. That's what I told myself when my writing class tore apart my memoir a few weeks ago.

Cheryl said...

That was me by the way...

Miss Scarlet said...

Yeah, it's tough when they can all draw on real experiences. It's going ok though and I jump in when I can:)

Mindi said...

Oooh, the devil's advocate! I hate them!