Pages

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Why Am I So Tired

When I started my "real" job last January I really struggled with having to be to work at 8am every single day. For a few months I was also working about 24 hours at my second job and having orchestra rehearsal every Tuesday so I was pretty much a walking zombie for awhile. Staff meetings on Tuesdays were dreaded because I literally could not keep my eyes open when they turned the lights off for presentations. I would constantly drink ice cold water and then take a few bathroom breaks just to stay awake. (I'm sure people thought I was so weird!)

Everyone said I would get used to getting up early but I knew that would never happen and especially not while I was working until midnight a few nights a week. So when I finally cut my hours at the second job I was excited to not be as tired anymore. BUT...that's not what happened. I AM STIL TIRED! Sure, it's not as bad and I don't go through whole days in a haze, but for the majority of my day I am sleepy. I am not a morning person and having to be awake and *gasp* productive at 8am is a struggle for me. And what really gets me are the people who do happily skip into work BEFORE 8am and are bright and cheery and ready to start their day. The people who get to work before me and definitely stay later than me. WHO ARE THESE ALIENS? I honestly do not understand how people can get up so early and be awake and alert all day.

I think for me to get the sleep I require, I would need to go to sleep between 10:00 and 10:30pm every night. That is so not going to fly. I have TV shows to watch (and even with , there isn't enough time from 5pm til 10pm to get everything done) and hobbies to work on and vegging to do. 10pm is never going to happen. But I'm so tired....Why am I so tired?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those happy people at 8:00am are indeed aliens! ARGH!

Miss Scarlet said...

It's 7am and anyone awake and cheerful right now should be hit in the head.

Unknown said...

I'll readily admit I like to get to work early. You won't, however, find me cheerful about it or even awake most of the time.

Miss Scarlet said...

I like to get here early to get done early....but that's just so I can maximize home time. I wonder how I'd do with a 10-630 schedule? It's like picking the lesser of two evils.

Citygirl said...

You're probably still tired because you haven't adjusted to lighter schedule yet. It can take awhile to get rested up. Trust me!

Anonymous said...

You know me and tired - but I tend to get to work early and stay late. But only because I'm a slacker and not as productive as I need to be.

SD

Miss Scarlet said...

citygirl- That's another thing I don't get-Do people REALLY keep the same sleep schedule all the time? NO WAY IN HELL am I getting up at 615am on the weekends.

SD- I feel pressure to appear as if I'm busy all day so that's why I don't get there earlier or stay later to get other things done. I should though so I can get overtime but I just can't.