Pages

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sleepyhead

I don't get sick. The last time I remember really being sick was the summer of 2003 when I had the worst sore throat of my life snd spent the whole time at our 4th of July party concentrating on trying to swallow without crying.

What I do get, are periods of what I call "hyperallergies." It's a period of time, never more than a day, where I just sneeze. Over and over and over...and over. My friend Andrew said once, "Sneezing's not so bad...unless you're Scarlet" and he was so right. I started sneezing tonight on my way to orchestra rehearsal and about an hour and 15 minutes in, I had to leave because I was doing more sneezing than playing. I now have a headache and my teeth hurt from sneezing, even my sides are hurting right now! I'm not sure why this happens and I never really can trace it back to something that maybe I was allergic to (other than the normal things like pollen or mold). But it's so annoying and while tonight is an okay time for me to sit immobile as to not cause a sneezing fit, this usually happens when I am out and end up carrying a box of tissues with me. And really, how attractive can it be to be carrying around a box of tissues? haha!


Haha, and in my online research of allergies, I came across this with my favorite line, "Had it been true, those afflicted by allergies would be the happiest people on earth, and they're not." Ha!

*Achoo!*


XO,
Scarlet

3 comments:

Pam said...

I thought my husband was the only person in the entire world that got those sneezing episodes! It's so annoying for him - you really do have to just wait it out. Maybe an up side is all those Bless You's you get from everyone else!

Miss Scarlet said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm already not sneezing but my head hurts from last night.

It does make me laugh when people end up saying "Bless you" 43924032 times in a row.

Unknown said...

Blanket bless you for sneezes today and tomorrow. Sorry, boo : (