Pages

Monday, March 20, 2006

Welcome To The Monkey House

So here's the thing: I own A LOT of CDs. Remember that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie realized how many pairs she has and does that math and wonders if she will end up the old woman in the shoe? Well, I think CDs are my shoes.

Junior/Senior year of college I was getting into all different kinds of music so I was totally keep the local CD store (RIP, Blue Dog) in business. Almost as bad as buying new CDs is my constant habit of getting into new bands. The problem is that when I find a new band I like, I feel like I have to own all of their CDs. It can get quite pricey.

Once I moved to Richmond and was dirt poor, my CD buying slowed way down even though Plan 9, with its dangerous used section, was within walking distance.

What shifted no-cd-buying to lots-of-cd-buying was getting my 'real' job while still keeping my part time gig at the Barnes and Noble music department. I pretty much am "paid" to find new music for 8 hours a week. It's horrible! I can't stop ordering CDs!

But I digress...the reason I brought my crack CD habit up was because last night I put them all away (which took 4 EVA!) and kept laughing at the hilarity of which CDs ended up to each other in my alphabetizing.


SOOOOOO, a game: You name a band and I'll a) say if I own it and b) tell you who is next to them no matter who it is. For example, if you said "Slayer" then I would say, "yes, I own that and it's next to Jessica Simpson!" hahahah!


Come on, play!

6 comments:

rooroo said...

The Old 97's.

Miss Scarlet said...

Obviously my CDs are at home so I'll answer tonight!

Anthony said...

Oh, I'm struggling to decide which band to go for ... Let's have 98 degrees!

CBK said...

Dog's Eye View.

The New Radicals.

And tell us what's both to the left and the right of the artist we name, please. :-)

Miss Scarlet said...

I will, CBK. It's funny though bc so far I don't own CDs by any of these people;) But the game still works! I'll tell you who surrounds their virtual spot.

rooroo said...

I'll try to give you one you actually have! How about...

Cake
The Bloodhound Gang

Those were the first two that came up on my iPod.

:)