Pages

Monday, March 27, 2006

Champagne From A Paper Cup

I am in a much better mood now. I just don't like coming in and feeling like I did something wrong or like people are going to try to tell me how to do something. I prefer to be perfect. And if I can't be perfect, then I want the opportunity to give my reasons why I was not perfect. (Reasons, excuses, whatever!) But the day is starting to (finally) roll on and I'm about to start the daily countdown to 430. I actually really love Mondays. I've already started my week of getting up at 630am on Sunday to open up at Barnes and Noble so the shock of getting up early isn't as strong as it is for normal Monday-Fridayers. Also, Mondays tend to fly by for me and before I know it it's time to leave for the day. And what do I do on Monday evenings? NOTHING. Not A Damn Thing. It's awesome.


This weekend had its highs and lows:

Friday; Wine Week at Smith & Wollensky which resulted in my lovely audioblog, many drunk emails (damn, email phone!), and even a drunk dial. I've literally never had so much wine in my life. My previous experience with wine has been that from a box at college parties and my free sample at Olive Garden. I liked the wine (especially sparkling) but don't think I'll be ordering it now except for twice a year at Wine Week. I'll be posting my pictures from Friday ASAP. And I can't exactly say it was my first time being drunk in the middle of the day in DC (ahem, Kegs and Eggs 2004, 2005).

Friday night was also the S's Sleepover. Originally, the whole point of staying there was so I could be there to sing* for Steven's mattress the next day while he was at work. Mattress plans shifted but sleeping plans did not and the three of us enjoyed pizza, 40 Year Old Virgin and a good night's sleep. Wait, scratch that last one. I have problems getting a good night's sleep when other people are in the room. It took me a long time to fall asleep yet I was exhausted from all of the wine so I kept having that 'dream' of falling but I thought it was my heart stopping. It was a little terrifying. I did finally fall asleep and probably did my fair share of snoring** (damn allergies!) but woke up many times throughout the night until finally giving up and grabbing my crossword puzzles to work on in the wee hours of the morning.

The rest of Saturday was spent passed out on my bed at home and then in Culpeper with my sister at the used bookstore and taking pictures. We got honked at once and...barked at once. The barking was odd. It wasn't in a "You're ugly!" kind of way like you would associate with barking. I think this guy really thought it was a good come on tool.

Saturday night I felt like Sigourney Weaver in Alien when it comes out of her stomach. I don't know what it was and no, it wasn't THAT, but I felt like death and didn't want to move. So, I didn't. I watched Hostage and fell asleep early.

Sunday isn't worth mentioning except for Grey's Anatomy which, even though it was a repeat, I enjoyed tremendously.

And now it's Monday and 4.5 hours to go!




*That was a typo, it should say "sign" but it was too funny to change. "Scarlet, can you come sing to my mattress? It gets lonely."
**Just kidding, girls don't snore.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me just say that I had no idea Steven had that kind of snoring in him!

Miss Scarlet said...

Hey now, let's not go calling people out on their snoring.