Pages

Saturday, December 09, 2017

Book Boos: August 2017

4. PEEPS by Scott Westerfeld. I bought this book years and years ago when the YA section was sorta just beginning to become a thing and finally picked it up to read. It's a clever story that definitely stands the test of time.

3. CRUEL BEAUTY by Rosamund Hodge. (Audio). I'll be honest...I heard not great things about this one, but it came up on my library queue so I went for it. I think it worked really well in audio form because I did enjoy it!

2. CROWN OF MIDNIGHT by Sarah J. Maas. (Audio and Print). I think it's interesting because it seems like readers either love or hate this installment of the series and, based on that, either continue or quit. (Duh, Scarlet...) What I find interesting is that I don't know what would cause someone to stop reading after this one? I get that people might want Celaena with someone specific, but sometimes you just have to trust the author...or...just get over it! I do like this one....if anything, #1 in the series is my least favorite. But don't make me say it outloud.

1. FINAL GIRLS by Riley Sager. (Audio). LOVED THIS! Such a great thriller. I listened to the entire book  on a drive to Cincinnati and was so into it. We've been recommending this one at the bookstore since it came out! HIGHLY recommend! 

No comments: