Pages

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Book Boos: November 2017

6. A COURT OF MIST AND FURY by Sarah J. Maas. (Audio). I started relistening to this after a bad day at work and then found I couldn't stop. This book is still my favorite. Reminder that it's only in the 'last' spot because it's a reread.

5. BEYOND THE HIGHLAND MIST by Karen Marie Moning. This book was good, but it dragged a bit toward the end. I loved the "will they/won't they" that lasted for quite awhile and, for a romance, there were some excellent scenes!

4. SCYTHE by Neal Shusterman. (Audio). Another book where I enjoyed the beginning way more. There's a bit of a plot shift halfway through and I liked where it took the book, but I missed some of the earlier character connections when that happened.

3. NEVERNIGHT by Jay Kristoff. (Audio). This book is dark and brutal, but filled with memorable characters and an interesting premise. I really liked the main character as well as the training spot where much of the book took place. I've already purchased book two and can't wait to dive in!

2. ARTEMIS by Andy Weir. (ARC). I LOOOVVVVED THE MARTIAN. Going into this book, I knew not to expect the same, which is good, because it's not THE MARTIAN Pt. 2. It still has the fun science and intelligent, craft main character, but the stakes felt different. Yes, Jazz was working through problems that were life and death, but she was 'just' on the moon. It felt different. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it as I really did and it was a quick page-turner.

1. PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen. (Audio). I didn't know this was going to be my top read until I started writing this post. I know a trillion people will hate me for this, but I think I loved this book because I love the Keira Knightley movie so much. It's why I so often say to read the book after the movie: I already love the characters, but reading it gave me deeper insight and more scenes. And yes, Matthew MacFadyen is the only Darcy for me.

No comments: