Pages

Saturday, December 09, 2017

Book Boos: July 2017

5. THE ONLY THING TO FEAR by Caroline T. Richmond. I started this book in 2016 when I thought Caroline was going to do a signing at my job and, when it didn't happen, I set it aside. I'm glad I picked it back up because I really like alt-history books. It's always fun/terrifying to think "what if!?".

4. DREAMSCAPE by Kerry Reed. (ARC). Kerry is a friend of a friend and I got to read her book before it came out. I loved the premise and the imagery of the dream world. I can't wait to see what else Kerry Reed writes!

3. DARK LOVER by J.R. Ward. OMG this was the perfect book for sitting in a chair under an umbrella at the beach. It has a crazy plot, hot vampires, and saucy, SAUCY scenes! I loved it!

2. FOREST OF A THOUSAND LANTERS by Julie C. Dao. (ARC). Loved this retelling/origin story about a villain! It was so refreshing to read about a ruthless character and the setting was also a nice change up from so many other books I usually read.

1. THE GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE by Mackenzi Lee. (Audio). This book had me laughing out loud at times, but also wanting to save certain lines to remember later. It got a teensy bit slow for me about 3/4 through, but overall I enjoyed it so much!

No comments: