Pages

Saturday, December 09, 2017

Book Boos: June 2017

8. A STUDY IN SCARLET WOMEN by Sherry Thomas. (Audio).  I'm one of the few people out there who isn't a huge Sherlock Holmes fan. Obviously, this isn't a Sherlock novel, but it's a Lady Sherlock novel...I did like it...I actually really liked it because the main character was so likeable and I enjoyed how determined she was to not follow societal norms. I think it's just that I'm not a huge mystery fan so once that's the main focus of the story, I get a little bored. But that's just me...I'd still definitely recommend this one!

7-3. THE ASSASSIN'S BLADE by Sarah J. Maas. (Audio and Print) In anticipation for the release of TOWER OF DAWN I reread the entire series, which was awesome. And yes, I do count each novella separately and here is why: there are always a few books I begin that I don't finish each year. I figure that counting novellas separately makes up for the DNF (did not finish) books I spent time on. ANYWAY...I always tells people to read THRONE OF GLASS and maybe even CROWN OF MIDNIGHT before reading the novellas, but to definitely read them before EMPIRE OF STORMS. There's a lot of great Sam info in these stories, but I think they can be a little confusing to jump right into.

3. ONCE AND FOR ALL by Sarah Dessen. (ARC) I read this book, not only because Sarah Dessen writes great books, but because she did a book signing at my job that I ran! She was sooo nice! I really enjoyed this book and, after the other couple I've read of hers, was pleasantly surprised with the sexy time inclusion. That sounds weird...I just mean that usually her books are pretty PG-13 and it was nice to up the sauciness a little. 

2. DARKFEVER by Karen Marie Moning. I read this on the recommendation of Sarah J. Maas and, of course, loved it. It's a quick, fun, dark, story about a young woman who ends up in Ireland dealing with the fae and is a total ship out of water. I'm excited to keep reading in the series because of the obsession some people have with some main characters:)

1. OBSIDIAN AND STARS by Julie Eshbaugh. (ARC). I loved IVORY AND BONE! Loved loved loved! Book 2 is also great and with a switch in narrators it also increases in the action. I also had the pleasure of finally meeting Julie at One More Page Books in Arlington for the release of this book. YAY! She's the best.

No comments: