Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Randomness

Sometimes my mind works like a comedy show. I see what would make a situation or moment funny even if it's completely fantastical and crazy. Sometimes I say out loud what I am thinking, but most times I keep it to myself or just let out a little laugh and a "nothing." Yesterday, though, I was super tired and as a result I ended up saying just about everything that was on my mind.

Brendan and I stopped by Safeway on our way to Serena's to pick up some Blue Moon and coke and when we got back out to the parking lot he went to look for the keys to my car, which were in his pocket. First he pulled out his own keys and set them on the roof of my car. Then he took out his wallet and set it on the roof of the car. This is when I kind of chuckled to myself because I imagined him then pulling a chinese star or a large knife or something out of his pocket and setting on the roof of the car. I realize this doesn't sound funny, but at the time, it would have just been one of those classic, random, Monty Python-like moments.

Anyway, I didn't say anything about where my imagination had taken the moment until we got in the car and I remembered that I had promised to relay more of my random thinking. So I told him and he laughed and then stopped the car..."Did I put my stuff back in my pocket?" Turns out he had not and his keys and wallet were still on the roof of the car.

Moral of the story: Random is good. Don't hold it inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least he didn't put the Blue Moon up there - that would have been a tragedy.