Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Book Boos: June

Halfway through the year and I completed my Goodreads challenge of reading 47 books. Woohoo! So what did I read this month? Let's see!

6. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shephard. (Audio) Don't get me wrong- just because I put this book in last place doesn't mean I didn't completely enjoy it. I LOVE the show and this was a fun way to spend some commuting time. 

5. Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick. (ARC) This book has a seriously good main guy character and I liked the setup for the plot. Unfortunately, I questioned a few too many things and then I was even left wondering if some conclusion had been left out. BUT I would still recommend this because I really enjoyed reading it.

4. Gathering Deep by Lisa Maxwell. (ARC) I had planned to read Lisa's first book, Sweet Unrest, before this one, but then, with the ARC about to expire, I jumped right in because I didn't want to miss out. (Have I mentioned that I am addicted to ARCs??) So, while I totally enjoyed this book and especially the characters, I kept thinking that I should stop and read the other first-I even own it! Sheesh, I'm a dufus. I'll rerank this one once I can give it its proper attention. Can I just say, though, that Lisa Maxwell has the greatest covers? <3 td="">

3. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella. (ARC) I'm realizing now how much I really enjoyed all of my June books! It's so difficult to rank them. Finding Audrey was so much fun. The premise is of a serious nature, but the writing was so light and fun when it could be that it was extremely enjoyable to read. The characters are hilarious and unique and memorable. 

2. They Call Me Alexandra Gastone by T.A. MacLagan. (ARC) I LOVED this book and am so so so glad I randomly picked it out from Netgalley. It called to me because of the spy element and the details in the book were so cool! I'm super impressed that this is the author's first book...and I really hope she has a sequel planned!

1. Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. Cool characters and interesting world-building, this book is one I highly recommend. I loved Kelsea, the heroine, and it was a great read to follow along as she found her way as the new queen. I'm on the sequel now and it's equally as fun...but (not a spoiler) some interesting things are introduced!

No comments: