Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Dilemma

Gilmore Girls Season 6 came out today.


How much money is in my checking account? Well, let's not get exact, but I will tell you that my previous job owes me for the last four weeks I worked there and I won't get my new job's first paycheck until Friday. It's been a tight month or so, but will I go to Best Buy and pick up GG:6? Yes, probably. The problem really comes when I will also want to pick up the new Justin Timberlake album. "Oh, but it's only $9.99!" Then I'll think, "It's only $9.99 so it's not a big deal to get another CD, too...I deserve it!"

Then I might peruse the DVDs a little and I'll see Grey's Anatomy Season 2. "No, Scarlet! It's coming on Netflix today!" and I'll say back to myself, "But I love it soooo much! Oh, there's Lost Season 2!" So maybe then I go up to the registers to get in line. "I'm thirsty..." and I'll pick up a drink. Then I'll walk by the impulse CDs which are always crappy, but only cost the magical $9.99 price so I'll stop and consider them.

This is why I sometimes give my check card to a friend when I go in Best Buy. Or just don't even go in at all.

I must resist!

7 comments:

dara said...

I'm as bad with Amazon. I always just mean to buy one thing, but $200 later . . .

minijonb said...

this is tough. i've usually found i'm happier with music purchases more than i am about movies or tv shows on dvd. that doesn't mean i'm totally happy with every CD i buy... even with all the time i spend on Pandora + Amazon + blogs checking out new tunes, i still manage to buy a lot of lemons.

Miss Scarlet said...

Dara- Yeah, if I let myself order online from JCrew or Gap its soooo bad.

Minijonb- I usually choose music. Except where GG is concerned.

Anonymous said...

Due to the recent lack of work/paychecks, I haven't allowed myself to purchase a CD or DVD of any sort. I still have Netflicks and Napster though, so things in that area aren't really bad. What is PAINFUL is that in that time I also haven't purchased a single book. I've pretty much stopped going to Barnes and Noble because it's too hard to go in and not walk out with at least a couple of ill-advised purchases. And don't even get me started on Old Navy or Target.

God I want to go shopping.

Sparklebot said...

It all boils down to making yourself happy. Will buying those DVDs/CDs make you happy? Probably. So, checking accounts be damned!

Unknown said...

Avoidance. Probably the best call.

Anonymous said...

i hear ya... the amazon wishlist just gets longer and longer and longer