Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Seven Days A Week

I already can't remember if last week was four or five days long. That four-day weekend feels forever ago and while I can handle working every day, what I can't do is get up by 7am every day. It must be the leftover teenager in me that needs a day here and there where I sleep in. Even if sleeping in now can sometimes just be until 9am. It makes such a difference. Nothing beats morning sleep. I could go to sleep now (at 9:21pm) and still be tired when I wake up tomorrow morning. But say if we had a freak snowstorm and school was canceled tomorrow? Oh yeah, sleeping past 7am would be so amazing.

I have roughly six weeks left of my current gig. NOT that I'm counting down, but since I'm just filling in, it's nice that there's an end in sight. It's not my own groove I'm getting into...if that makes any sense.


And once again I'll just say that people who say they'd get bored if they didn't work are CRAZY. Man that sounds nice.

XO,
SVR

4 comments:

KassyK said...

Wow that is early and I applaud you for making it up then. But to know there is an end to the job in sight is nice and I am SO with you--not working bc you don't have to sounds fantastic. There are tons of things we could fill our time with AND sleep in.:-)

Anonymous said...

I always thought I'd be someone who would be fine with not working and just hanging out. And then I did it. The first four weeks were fun fun fun. The last two weeks I wanted to claw my own eyeballs out just to give me something interesting to do. I think the only way to make the unemployed thing work long-term is if all your friends aren't working either. Then you could all hang out together. But when every single person you know works, that's like 10 hours a day (minimum) with no chance of real human contact. And that SUCKS.

And I completely agree on the whole always being tired when you get up early, no matter what time you go to sleep. I'm the same way. Early is early, even if I get 10 hours of sleep, waking up at 6am is still like punching myself in the face.

Frankly, Scarlett said...

Not being able to work would drive me nuts! But it'd be nice to work and not have to worry about money. If I could do that, i would teach piano full time or be an art historian or something along those lines :)

Sparklebot said...

If I didn't have to work/go to school, I would be the happiest girl alive, as long as I wasn't subject to the will of a man supporting me.