Pages

Monday, September 11, 2006

Eyes Wide Open

Snow Patrol was awesome! I’d venture to say it was worth getting only 3 hours of sleep last night. This is the show that had to be rescheduled twice due to the lead singer’s voice and last night, four months after the original date, Ali and I finally saw them live. Ali got a set list and we both got some amazing pictures (nothing beats standing right in the front), but my lack of high speed internet will delay when I can get mine up. Until then, a few open letters:

Dear Bouncer AKA Jason Lee,
What were you looking at? For awhile it seemed like you were watching us as we made faces in response to the people behind us. We thought maybe you were amused, but after awhile you just looked bored. Are you itching to get back on the set of Earl?

XO,
SVR

Dear Guy Behind Us AKA Not A Singer,
Seriously. You are tone deaf. I’m sorry to break it to you, but singing ½ a pitch off from the band the entire night assures me that you don’t hear things the way we do. You sucked. And you sucked loudly. It’s the age old question of, “Who did we pay to see: Snow Patrol…or you?” Ummmm, I’ll give you one guess. And really, you singing shouting out the words to every song does not make you Super Fan. It’s quite obnoxious. I admit there are certain songs for certain bands where it’s appropriate to sing along. For example, when the Smashing Pumpkins play “Today” go ahead and scream your little heart out. Maybe even “Say It Ain’t So” by Weezer or “Hero” by Foo Fighters would be appropriate for audience sing-along because they’re huge hits and we all obviously know them. But I don’t need to hear you yelling out the words to “Chocolate,” okay?

XO,
SVR

Dear Girl In Front Of Us In Line,
You weren’t really that drunk, you were faking. I know it.

XO,
SVR

Dear Ali,
Thanks for being fun to go to shows with. I like it when we can communicate with just head nods and expressions. I also like that you only minimally make fun of me when I’m super tired and being dumb.

XO,
SVR

Dear Snow Patrol,
Thanks for being awesome!

XO,
SVR

3 comments:

rooroo said...

i love snow patrol! sounds like the show was fun, and i'm jealous you got to go. glad you had a good time!

Miss Scarlet said...

Yeah, we were lucky to get those tickets way back when. It wasn't really ever announced.

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun and managed to survive the tiredness : )