Pages

Monday, August 27, 2007

Reminder

I usually have a very good memory. I remember things like what I was wearing five years ago on a Friday or what Ross said to Rachel in Season 2, Episode 8. My memory fails me when it comes to getting petrol or taking a test, but at most other times, even through alcohol hazes, I remember quite a lot.

So last night when I was talking with a friend about an evening that occurred just a few weeks ago and I could barely remember it, it freaked me out. It didn't help that the evening was spent at Fridays, a location I frequent quite often because of its close proximity to my job. I kept blurring together three separate nights and while I could clearly see the end of the evening, I was having trouble seeing us sitting in the restaurant in my memory. And it's not like I was drunk that night. I later remembered that was the night I wussed out and just got a short Blue Moon as my second instead of another tall.

There really isn't much to this story except that for about an hour I felt like I had lost a night of my life and, from what I was being told, it was a good evening. All of a sudden though the memory rushed back and I could see it clear as day. It had been a good evening.

XO,
SVR

7 comments:

minijonb said...

I think the deja vu will kick in any second now. You better sit down.

=:-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to getting older.

And it doesn't help that as you get older, you keep drinking, therefore doing more damage.

I used to be the same way. Yet, I have a HUGE bruise on my foot and don't remember how I got it. And I probably got stepped on. Who doesn't remember getting STEPPED on?

Courtney Craig, DC said...

hahaha you said 'petrol'

Unknown said...

Guess that was an evening I didn't participate in. Ha.

Miss Scarlet said...

Minijonb- Hhhha, it /was/ like a light turned on when I remembered:)

Kristabella- Oh, great. I also have a mystery bruise on my arm hmmm.

Courtney- haha, but of course!

Serena- Hahaha, actually, you /were/ there!

Marissa said...

It's scary when things like that happen. Mind-lapses. Makes you really feel like you're losing it!

Ant said...

Yeah, I get this - the curse of the fantastic memory means that it's a doozy of a scare-fest when you can't remember something...