Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Like Dylan In The Movies

So, I haven't seen the Beverly Hills, 90210 pilot in what has to be at least 10 years but I needed something relatively short and easy to watch from Netflix so here we are: Me and 90210, Together Again! Here are my thoughts, as I watch it:


1. ZACH MORRIS PHONE!
2. I love how Brandon and Brenda practically dress the same on the first day of school
3. Awww, Scott! Stay away from guns, man.
4. Brandon and Brenda should be careful or people or going to think they're dating. Ewww!
5. OK I'm making a blanket statement on the clothes because if I comment every time I laugh out loud, this list is going to be very, very long. Basically, fashion in 1990 was funny.
6. The music sounds like it was made on my MIDI keyboard.
7. Ooooooh so that's what jeans were like before low-rise
8. I just remembered that Dylan isn't in the pilot, is he? UGH!
9. Do people really have curfews? I never did. And 1230, Mrs. Walsh? LAME!
10. MULLET!
11. 1 more fashion comment: Kelly is wearing polka dot biker shorts over turquoise leggings. Seriously.
12. Is that Djimon whatshisface as the doorman?
13. Go Brandon in the hottub! Ew, he has a mullet, too.
14. Ew, the old guy Brenda GOES HOME WITH is so creepy. He winked and I threw up.
15. You know, if they don't want their mom to know they got home so late maybe they shouldn't slam the door when they go inside.
16. Andrea likkkess Brandon, Andrea liikkeesss Brandon!
17. Loose lips sink ships, Brandon.
18. Brenda is actually a really good liar: "4th dimensional geometry"? Awesome!
19. Andrea is wearing Guess jeans! I used to wear those. Haha!



So when are they releasing 90210 on DVD? I need it. I need Dylan.


(P.S. I haven't forgotten about the CD project of listening to them all, I just got behind with updating them on here so I'm taking a break.)

9 comments:

Thérèse said...

Ahhhhh 90210. Makes me feel really young to think about that show. Hee.

K said...

oh wow I remember that show. It has been a very long time!

Shannon said...

love, love, love this show
kelly taylor is the ultimate soapy lead...let us count the ways
date raped
almost date raped
raped
almost raped
almost burned alive
cult member
addicted to diet pills
addicted to coke
miscarriage
shot
stalked
almost lesbian experience
cheated on
cheated
engaged many times
hates brunettes...
ah so much fun

lala said...

i love to play the "what happened to kelly" game. didn't she also get carjacked? let's not forget that she also slept with all of the male leads except david, and LBH, she would've if he hadn't become her stepbrother.

my favorite episode EVER is the one where dylan and brenda break up on the beach to "losing my religion." ask me how many times i played that song on repeat that summer...why? because it represented dylan's single status and he could, thus, be mine. i reminded myself of that every day when i opened my locker and his picture looked back at me 1067865 times.

Christina said...

You never had a curfew?? Lucky! If I moved back home, I bet my mom would still want me in by 11:30 PM. For reals.

Melissa said...

It's Ohhndrea to you!

Laughing at Shannon's comment.

Miss Scarlet said...

Therese (I can't do accents)- It's crazy that show started when I was 10...10!!!!!

Kimberly- I miss it! I can't wait for it on DVD.

Shannon- a true fan! Welcome! Dylan was my favorite. But kelly doing coke was good, too.

Lala- I remember crying when Noxzema girl died. I was crushed. And when they graduated from WBH-sobs!

Tinapopo- My parents are cool like that. Plus, I was responsible and after my brother well...why bother with a curfew;)

Unknown said...

Loved 90210 but would definitely need to go back and remind myself on somethings. So can't remember Brandon/Brenda being weird close. : )

Miss Scarlet said...

Flameon- Well, in the pilot they start their first day at West Beverly and they don't really LOOK alike so when they hug each other and Brandon puts his arm around her, it looks questionable.


Man I love Dylan.