Pages

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tell Me What You See

Just like when reading a book, when I read blogs I create an image of what the characters look like. And just like when I see the movie based on a book, when I see the actual picture of a blogger, sometimes it's like my world is turned upside down and sometimes it is just as I imagined.

Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden- Oh yes! (in more ways than one;)

Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
- I think she's a good choice but many wanted her to have huge teeth and hair

Michelle Pfeffier as Ingrid Magnussen- Perfect! She was made for that role.

Robert Duvall as Boo Radley- OK, somehow I was led to believe that Boo Radley was black so I pretty much hate this movie and book because it was all a lie to me once Robert Duvall was shown on the screen.

I'm hesitant to put examples of bloggers and how I imagine them because I don't want it to be misread that I sit around thinking of bloggers (I don't). But many blogs are either very anonymous or have no pictures associated with it so my mind has to create some sort of image as I read about their daily stories. And this is fine, I go along imagining someone as a non-descript, sort of faceless person and then BAM! they put a picture up and I realize they look entirely different than I had imagined. It's almost disconcerting but sometimes it's a relief if I've been assuming so-and-so, super-dater and winner at life is also a super model but then he/she puts up a picture and I realize he/she is just a normal person.

I think that's why I have a picture on my blog. I don't want people reading about my awesome live and incredible luck in matters of money and love and to also assume I'm totally hott. I want people to read about my awesome life and KNOW I'm totally hott;)


XO,
SVR


P.S. Apologies to Kathryn for editing this blog after publishing it. It was a moment of hitting "Publish Post" too fast.

10 comments:

Kathryn Is So Over said...

LOL Scarlet - no worries - I pumped up the bitter in that post for effect.

rooroo said...

you are so right... i read a few blogs that i have NO idea what the people look like and it's always kind of a shock when you see the real thing. also, i work in hr so sometimes i will talk to someone on the phone for weeks (setting up interviews, getting information, etc) and if/when they actually get hired it's always interesting to see them in real life. some people are exactly how i pictured them and some are just... not. man, it's a thrill a minute in here, huh? ;)

Miss Scarlet said...

Kathryn- I was hoping I was in the clear since I'm not a repeat offender.

roo roo- I always wonder how people imagine me just from my voice, words, etc.

AND ALSO, how is the link to HOTT Brad Pitt only the 3rd most popular hit on my blog? Tsk Tsk, people. Should be #1.

Cheryl said...

hmmm, I have done similar things. Although my anonymity is just out the window.

Shannon said...

boo radley as black?
where did you get that impression...
i always imagine myself as the buxom woman on the cover of the harlequin novels!
only with glasses

CBK said...

So how Hott do you think I am?

Or, rather, how often do you think about how Hott I am?

[BIG ;-)]

Miss Scarlet said...

I was in 8th grade and annoyed I was being forced to read the stupid book. Somewhere (and I really don't want to have to reread it to see) I either read a description that led me to beleive that or someone in my class said so. Then, later in the book they describe him as "ghostly white" or something and I was like, "Harper Lee, you suck!"

Miss Scarlet said...

CBK- Ha! You've posted sort of pictures though, haven't you?

Anonymous said...

Was I what you thought I looked like?

Kathryn -- I'm sorry too, I just did that myself.

Cheetarah1980 said...

You picture bloggers in your head too? I thought I was the only one. My two favorite anonymous bloggers both look like gorgeous supermodels in my head. Why is that the first image we have of folks?