Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Alone + Easy Target

My sister is home for the summer from college which is fun because I like to hang out with her. We get along really well and she definitely knows me better than anyone. I have been impressed with how many friends she kept from high school though. They have a good group still together even though they all went to different schools. I, on the other hand, didn't talk to most high school friends soon after graduation. I'm not really sure why, I kept in e-touch with some of them but even my best friend, who I went to college with (well, not WITH but we both went there), and I quickly drifted apart soon after starting college. And now that I think about it, it seems like I had a different core group of friends each year in college. I didn't lose friends though, I just met new ones and added them to my circles.

But I digress...(did I have a point at all for this?) I guess just that in my current living situation* I don't really know anyone closer than about 35 miles away. There's nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said before.



*School. Not that I live at a school, but I need to be close to it and wait until I am done with it to know where I am moving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too, lost touch with pretty much all of my friends from high school. I think once we got to college and started to broaden our interests, hanging out just got hard. I had lunch with one of my best friends from high school a couple of years ago when I went home. Talk about weird.

Miss Scarlet said...

It's more about it sucking living where I don't know anyone. I don't really miss anyone from then.

I miss college people, a lot of whom are in Richmond.