Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yellow

For the record, here are my Australian Open hopes:

Men:

Andy Murray

Andy Roddick

Marat Safin

Roger Federer**



Women:

Maria Sharapova

Elena Dementieva

Martina Hingis***

(Do NOT want Mauresmo to win and I'm glad Henin* isn't playing.)


*I assume she's dropping the Hardenne (sp?)?
**Unless he loses an arm he's going to win. And I'm not sure if I want him to win because people who dominate the game (love you, Pete) can make it boring at times, but I do like him as a player because...well, he's amazing.
***I'm not sure how I feel about her winning. Actually, it might be kind of cool. I hated her when she was dominating (see above), but it's cool she came back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone but Federer on the mens side would be cool... but, yeah, not gonna happen.

Sharapova kicked some ass in September at the US Open. I want to see if she can keep it going... with or without coaching =;-)

Cindy said...

as i said in my email to you, i was completely unaware that tennis had even started. i'm ashamed as a life-long tennis junkie that i had to admit that.

that being said...

1 - Are Justine and her husband (who looked like he was about 14 years old) getting divorced?!?!
2 - Scarlet, I completely agree about not always enjoying watching when someone is dominating a sport because it does take the fun and excitement out of the finals. that's why i was never as big a fan of pete as you were (that and the small fact that i LOVE LOVE LOVE andre).
3 - i too am rooting for hingis. my hatred of her in her first career wasn't so much because she was dominating, it was for two other reasons. 1: she had a bad habit of whining and throwing temper tantrums on the court, and 2: i can NOT be a fan of anyone who's mom's hair is THAT frizzy

Miss Scarlet said...

Minijonb- Yeah, I love Sharapova's game.

Cindy- 1) Yeah. She isn't playing the Aussie Open for "personal reasons" and it's bc they're getting a divorce.
2. I love Andre, too. But Pete and I are likethis. He is why I have a one-handed backhand.
3. Oh, I know...her hair was atrocious.

Cindy said...

lol...you and pete are likethis? so funny.

when i first started playing i totally tried to copy my serve from steffi graf's. i don't think it took...