Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Yellow

It's that time of year when everyone starts saying, "Oh, isn't the weather just lovely outside?" and "I wish I wasn't working so I could enjoy this nice spring weather we're having." or the worst, "Oh, the flowers are gorgeous when they start blooming!" Because you know what I think about this time of year? "Oh crap...I ran out of Claritin." and "Eff you, flowers. I hate you and your pollen!"


I.Am.Miserable.


I just spent $2 at Wawa for one (1) Claritin pill. An expense I can live with since I consider it a slight emergency. I also bought a box of tissues. Do you know how unfortunate it is to be the girl who has to carry a box of tissues around?

I hate spring. A lot.

7 comments:

Ant said...

:o( Didn't realise your hatred of all things spring-like was from hay-fever...

Well, hope it goes away. Does that happen with hayfever or are you now doomed to sniffle for the next three months?

Mijoy said...

Two days ago, I spent a good hour sitting on my couch scratching my itchy eyes, with water pouring down my face. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time until finally I was like, "OH I have ALLERGIES!" I took 1 claritin 24 and it took care of it. I'm not used to hay fever, but I'm guessing it will only get worse as I get older.

Miss Scarlet said...

Ant- Yup! It pretty much all stems from having allergies. I also don't like sweat (on myself or anyone else!), but it's mostly because of allergies.

Mijoy- It's wierd because mine had gotten better. I think my body was shocked there was pollen so early or something.

Unknown said...

Best allergy post ever.

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, thankfully (knock on wood) I do not have allergies.

Therefore, I love spring. But only when it stays spring. Not when you tease us with 70 degrees and then go down to 35 the next day.

Damn you Mother Nature! (shakes fist!)

Alison Santighian said...

congrats on the pick up from dcblogs...

Anonymous said...

Well I wish that were the fact here in the UK which is freezing at the momment. No sign of spring or summer, just loads of snow at the momment! brrhh