Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Blister In The Sun

Ways I Felt Old While On Vacation At The Beach:

+ I felt sick after riding two rides at the boardwalk.

+ I kept craving salad and wanted to add it to meals like pizza and cheesesteaks so I would get my daily vegetable requirement.

+ I found myself checking out the rides for safety and thinking things like, "They're testing it? That can't be good. Maybe we should wait!"

+ I yelled, "I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS!" while hanging almost upside down on said ride.

+ I couldn't stay awake in the hotel room when it was dark and took a few naps.

+ I got unsweetened iced tea at lunch on Sunday.

+ I backed in to all parking spots for easier exiting.

+ I got burned even though I wore 30spf sunblock on the beach.

+ I said "AW!" about 14593035 times at cute kids on the beach.

+ I resisted using the AmEx while in the GAP outlet.




Ways I Kept My "Youth" While On Vacation At The Beach:

+ Liquid Black Eyeliner

+ Ali and I dug holes in the sand to sit in sparking the second greatest line of the weekend:

"Who are the smartest people on the beach!?"
"People who brought chairs?"
"OK, Who are the second smartest people on the beach!?"
"US FOR DIGGING HOLES TO SIT IN LIKE RECLINERS!"



+ cut off jean skirt

+ Resisting salad craving at Grotto and the Greene Turtle.

+ I ate Thrashers fries after feeling naseous from the ride.

+ Riding the "Freak Out" which went insanely high in the air WHILE spinning. Yabbo!

+ Mirror Maze.

+ I watched the Laguna Beach marathon whenever in the room (and not asleep.)

+ I was unable to get up at 6am to see the sunrise. That's 26 years in a row I have been unable to do this.

+ I said "AUF WEIDERSEHEN!" 543954354543543543.7 times along with my variations of "AUF LEMON ZING!" and "AUF FARFENGEHEN!"

9 comments:

rooroo said...

a friend of mine dug a hole at the beach to sit in this past week and i thought she was a wacko but i guess this is a widespread practice? ;)

dara said...

I love liquid black eyeliner. I'd wear it every day, if I weren't too lazy to wear makeup almost every day. I think it's the only New Jersey behavior I have left -- well, besides the Bon Jovi.

Miss Scarlet said...

Rooroo- I remember way back when (like 1996?) my cousin said that's what they do in the Bahamas or something.

Dara- I love it, tooooo! I also love Bon Jovi.

Alison Santighian said...

Welcome to the world of the "mature." And congrats on keeping your youth at the same time! As long as you didn't pair leggings w/ that mini, you're alright ;-)

Unknown said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Last time I went to Kings Dominion, Rena and I found ourselves too old to ride the Rebel Yell backwards more than once. And even that one time was painful. That was a sad sad day...

I've never heard of or seen people dig holes to sit in at the beach, but it might be the most genious idea I've ever heard of!!

Miss Scarlet said...

DC Celine- So far, so good!


Serena-Yeah, Ali doesn't let me forget my age.

Cindy- I wish I had a picture of it, but I didnt take my camera down that day.

Cheryl said...

It sounds like a good time, young or old. It's always goo to have balance anyway.

Miss Scarlet said...

Ant- AUF WEIDERSEHEN was the best line. And we did a lot.

Cheryl- I agree:) I do wish I hadn't felt sick after the rides bc then I had to get less french fries;)