Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

In The Arms Of Sleep

I think I need a hug.

In the 'I'm really tired both physically and emotionally and just need to collapse in someone's arms' type of way. I've had three extremely long and stressful days this week with one more to go until it's Friday. And oh how glorious the weekend will be with Monday off as well. I'm quite excited.

Work is okay. It's extremely challenging and I spend much of my day trying to stay on top of things and remembering names. I won't say much more for fear some google-happy student decides to look me up.

UMW school is okay, too. So far I have had Foundations of American Education (?) and Middle/Secondary Curriculum (??), neither of which got out incredibly early which has come to be expected on the first day. Maybe one day I will teach at a university and I give my word that the first class will be, "Here's your syllabus, bye!" Noone wants to be there on the first day. Hell, I don't want to be there any day. I have another class tomorrow night and then the weekend to try to decide if I'm keeping all three or dropping one.

But back to needing a hug. I guess maybe I don't want to scare people by greeting them hello and collapsing in their arms, haha. What an image.

9 comments:

KassyK said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KassyK said...

Oh honey good luck with work and classes--I feel you on the hug. I just gave you a cyper hug and I am with you on needing the weekend...it is SO soon...hang in there. :-)

Anonymous said...

I had Foundations of American Education in college. It was the class we had to show up once a week at WHILE we were student teaching (as if that makes any sense). AND IT SUUUUUUUUUCKED. But if I remember correctly, it wasn't too difficult...
And EVERYTHING you learn in education classes is pure crap.

minijonb said...

:big hug:

we're right behind you all the way.

i'd love to take that first class you teach at a university... what subject will we be studying?

Beakerz said...

I didn't even have to read the second part of that before I said, "Welcome to teaching honey"

-Hugz babe-

You'll get into a groove soon enough. Wait for that third week and you'll be half-bored already.

Miss Scarlet said...

KassyK- Yeah, I'm super tired. I'm so not a morning person.

Cindy- Yeah, college is wack.

Minijonb- It would probably be like, "History of Russian Music" or something:)

Needstza- It's not just my job. I've got other stresses, too.

Ant- Yes, hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have been paid from my last job, will have gotten my car fixed, will be used to getting up early*, and will have dropped a class;)

*I'll never get used to getting up early. I get up at the same time now as I have been for 2 years, haha! So tired.

Anonymous said...

It'll all get better soon. I hope this weekend you'll be able to do lots of relaxing and fun things to get you in the groove

Miss Scarlet said...

Just as an update (and one I don't want to make an entire blog about), today was 100X better than yesterday. I think I was overly tired yesterday and it all just hit me. The nice weather is helping, too!

Unknown said...

I've been like that lately. I almost hugged Marie last night.