Pages

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Some Song

Ali and I are headed to The O.C. wicked early Friday morning and have commenced our list making:
-Food to bring and restaurants to visit (most are for tradition reasons)
-Places to go
And most importantly, and what I will share today:
-CDs to make

So far we've got:

All-Time Favorite Songs*, Current Favorite Songs, Songs To Dance To, and Songs We Want The Other Person To Hear. I need help, though. I'm super distracted with things** going on, but want to show up at 4am*** Friday morning with kick-ass CDs! So, here are some ideas I have, and please give me song suggestions, thanks!

All-Time Favorite Songs:

I don't have my Top 100 Songs Of All-Time List with me, but here are some I will be including: Disarm-Smashing Pumpkins, Everlong-Foo Fighters, Say It Ain't So- Weezer, Another Morning Stoner- Trail of Dead, Don't Cry- Guns and Roses, Quit- Hey Mercedes, We Looked Like Giants-Death Cab For Cutie, Paint It Black- The Rolling Stones, Across The Universe- The Beatles, The Shy Retirer- Arab Strap, etc.



Current Favorite Songs:

This is more difficult than I thought it would be, but so far I have: Buttons- Pussycat Dolls, She Says- Howie Day, Sheez Mine- Add N to (X),On The Bus Mall-The Decemberists, Friend Of The Night-Mogwai, something by Snow Patrol, something by Muse, etc.



Songs To Dance To:

Rock Your Body-Justin Timberlake, I'm A Slave 4 U-Britney Spears, I Turn My Camera On (remix)-Spoon, see, my mind's so distracted I can't think of dance songs! HELP!



Songs I Want Ali To Hear:

Definitely some Mogwai and Arab Strap she hasn't heard yet, Stone Sour:), some of those fun metal songs that are slow, Of Montreal, Camera Obscura, etc.




*She's agreed to not hold this against me at a later time. Otherwise I would never finish it for fear of leaving something off.
**Involving lack of paychecks, interviews, and my own one-tracked mind
***Yes, 4am. Ok, ok....4:30am.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

My recommendations for the "dance" mix...

"We're Dancing" by PYT
"I Wanna Be With You" by Mandy Moore (Soul Solution Mix)
"Back That Thang Up" by Juvenile

: )

Miss Scarlet said...

OH YEAH! I have to put some Center Stage songs on it, thanks for reminding me, Flameon!

Unknown said...

I'm cheesy, but they do make me want to dance : ) I think it's funny you called me flameon.

Miss Scarlet said...

Hahahha, I never know if I'm supposed to or not.

Anonymous said...

I L-O-V-E Buttons!!! Other dance songs (and if you hate all these songs, just pretend like I'm not a huge dork when it comes to music)...Hips Don't Lie-Shakira, Hung Up-Madonna, Crazy-Gnarls Barkley, There it Go-Juelz Santana, Bossy-Kelis, Rosa Parls-Oukast (we'll end with a little old skool...).

Miss Scarlet said...

Cindy, puhlease, I listen to XM's Top 20 station religiously. I know, and love, those songs well!

CBK said...

You're welcome for the post title song, from my CD Game mix. :-)

Miss Scarlet said...

CBK- Hahhaha, thanks.