Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I Must Soon Quit The Scene

I have a problem.


I'm about to buy two CDs from the UK because I MUST HAVE THEM. This is a problem not only because CDs from the UK are expensive but because I also have a list of four or five other CDs I MUST HAVE NOW and want to order tonight. This wouldn't be so bad if I did this occasionally but it's an on-going problem. I find something I like and I have to have everything. Usually it happens with bands I love and I do everything I can to get my hands on everything they've done (except bootlegs/some imports-that's an expensive game I can't be playing). I've also done it with actors though (every Brad Pitt movie? Check!) and entire subjects (you should see how many books I own on classical music).

So, I have the page with my shopping cart ready. I'm going back and forth on whether to order these CDs. Normally I'd just do it but I'm also currently trying to figure out how to get/borrow/steal/sell my body for $4000 to buy a bassoon (worth $11,000!). I already told myself that if I cut out Starbucks (except when really needed) and extraneous eating out that I don't have to cut out CD purchases but 2 CDs for this much? (roughly the price of 4 or 5 bought at Best Buy) is that sane?

I need them though. I do. What if they stop making them and I can no longer get them?! I have to have everything they've done.


Help!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I see it as "music is your passion, therefore you must." Plus, think of yourself as the curator of a museum. You are merely working toward preserving great works for some future generation to discover.

audrey said...

There are other ways to make. Steal things from the supermarket/clothes stores and sell them back to your friends for knock off prices. You get to protest against large corporations, help your friends out, and save copious amounts of money for yourself so that you may purchase said bassoon and create beautiful music that the world may enjoy. Everyone's a winner! Except the corporations.

lala said...

do it! there's no reason to deprive yourself, my friend. don't give up the starbucks, either. as long as you can pay the bills, i think you can buy whatever you want. retail therapy rules (says the girl who has to set a time limit for when she is allowed to even go to an online shopping site--3:00 daily, in case you're wondering).

Miss Scarlet said...

Flameon- I think I agree! Good point, too. Buying music shouldn't be considered frivolous.

Audrey- Hmmm, interesting idea. Most of my friends are on budgets now, too, though, haha! Bust!

Lala- That's the proble, I can pay the bills and have extra for this stuff but I want to buy big things, too and have a good savings account. I'll probably order them, though. They'll make me happy:)

Buffy said...

Take it from another girl from the Virginias who has been transplanted here....everything in the UK is expensive. Not just the CDs.

Pam said...

Do it, Scarlet! This is your passion - it should be fueled, yes?

Miss Scarlet said...

Hehe, I ordered them:)

Also made my "Bassoon Plea" to see if my dad will loan me $4000...Maybe I'll post it;)

CBK said...

So which band? Don't leave us hanging.

Miss Scarlet said...

Why, Arab Strap, of course!

Cheryl said...

Fuel your passion. Get the CDs. In the long run, if they make you happy, that is what counts.

Anonymous said...

omg, love the title. <3 <3 <3

Cheetarah1980 said...

Say screw it and buy the CDs. If you play them enough times you'll more than get your money's worth.