Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What's In You?

I am moving right along in my plan of listening to all of my CDs. So far I haven't gotten any "OH MY GOD YOU OWN THAT?!" but I'm only on "Bl" so there is time for the outcries of surprise. Today though we hit upon my first metal CD: Black Label Society. I blame Slash for my odd love of metal and previous love of metal guys. Slash was quite the object of my affection in first grade and yes, my mom allowed me to own Appetite For Destruction because she's the best mom ever. This is also why my kids will not be censored from things as I never was and turned out quite fine but that's another blog topic. Back to Slash and his hot 'fro-like hair, his cigaratte always dangling precariously from his mouth while he played, and his playing itself! Need I only remind you of his solo for "November Rain" to explain why I loved him so.

Anyway, while Guns and Roses definitely isn't the hardest rocking back out there (especially now, have you seen Axl lately? I used to tell people he was my uncle!), they hold a special place in my heart. "Heavy metal" is weird though because I always expect it to be really hard but a lot of it comes across as almost comical: Judas Priest? Ozzy Osbourne? Van Halen? etc. I guess I often am imagining death metal or black metal (both of which I don't really know the difference) which sound much darker and "scarier".

So yeah, right now I'm at work listening to Black Label Society. Kind of surreal. And just to warn you all, Cradle of Filth terrifies me and I might cheat and keep the volume super low once I get to that part of the alphabet. Guess what band comes after Black Lable Society!


#47- Belle & Sebastian "If You're Feeling Sinister"
#48- The Birthday Party- "Hits" (Song called "Mr. Clarinet" Oh yeah!)
#49- Bis- "Music For A Stranger World'
#50- Frank Black and the Catholics- s/t
#51- Black Label Society- "Mafia"

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm guessing you're going to hit upon your Bon Jovi collection. : )

I loved GNR and still do (old school, not whatever they are now). November Rains will never go out.

Miss Scarlet said...

No, not yet. And I actually don't have a big Bon Jovi collection. I lost my Live CD and then was too distraught ever to replace it:( And I don't think my other one(s) are in cases so might not be reflected in this list...yet.

Anonymous said...

Bloc Party?

Cheryl said...

I love this experiment of yours. The real GNR were great.

dammit sami said...

guns n' roses and motley crue walk into a bar. only one band walks out. which one?

Miss Scarlet said...

Guns and Roses now? or previous, awesome GNR?