Pages

Monday, April 17, 2006

Someday You Will Be Loved

I caught up on four of my fashion magazines today: W, Elle, Bazaar and Vogue and got my fix of "What's in" lists and fashion photography. I must give a shout out to W for a beautiful cover with Meryl Streep and Lindsay Lohan. Such a gorgeous, simple shot.

Like any good magazine reader, I read my horoscope in all of them. Now, while I find astrology interesting and fun, I certainly don't live my life by it. But when all four talk about career advancement I like to take the "hmmm" approach. "Well, maybe so. I AM starting that new project at work" which leads nicely into reading the other part of the blurb, "Right now you need the support of someone who knows you well."


Well, damn. Who is that going to be? Family doesn't count. They have to be there and know me well. It is a part of their job, determined by our fine genetics. What about friends...do they all know me well? I'm not sure I can answer that. I'm not sure they can answer that either. I guess each one knows me well in different ways which is how friendships should be. (?) But does anyone know me WELL in all areas? Imagine the power of the person who could know me so well he will know when I'm lying or when I'm being sarcastic but don't really mean it. That's a lot of power for one person to have! To follow up all of my "Just kidding"s with "No you aren't"s. To know the true puppy dog face from the comical one.


And this isn't some "Oh my gosh, I need a boyfriend" post. Not at all. I only used "he" in the examples above because what's better than someone saying, "No you aren't" and then making out. I mean really, most situations could be improved by some good ol' MO (with a good partner, of course. Not just anyone-that would get weird.)


(And someone who knows me well would know that I added that last part in an attempt to make this post more humorous and not some weird, heartfelt "I'm a wussy girl" kind of things.)


Crap, Now you know all of my secrets.

4 comments:

audrey said...

Scarlet, how could anyone who posts a picture of themselves with a green coat, black hair and a tiara possibly not have someone to MO with?

I am seriously perplexed.

Unknown said...

...and if we were to seriously believe those were all of your secrets then we'd really be admitting we didn't know you at all. ; )

Melissa said...

Bazaar's Horoscope is always dead on.

Miss Scarlet said...

Audrey- Thanks, I agree. Just not everyone else does;)

Flameon- Oh most definitely not all my secrets!

Velvet- Awesome because I could use a raise (and the other parts)

Neil- Hopefully no perverts read this. I agree...a bassoon really is my love right now;)