Pages

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Leave The Day Free

The Zach Morris cell phone has haunted me all weekend. You know the type, larger than a small textbook, heavier then your baby brother, more awkward than when Zach himself delivered Mrs. Belding's baby. But I digress...

I had a very low-key weekend. Besides shopping, a three-hour work shift, and orchestra rehearsal and the concert, I didn't do much of anything. It was very nice! I finally got to pop in my Netflix copy of Sweet Valley High the TV show. YES, There was a show! I used to watch it on Saturday mornings but I had forgotten how dated it was:

Todd- He is such a dorky tool! His hair had a big enough flip to skate on and it's no wonder they never show him playing basketball, he's such a buffoon.

Lila- She is supposed to be the richest girl in town who gets anything and everything she wants. Her cell phone though? It made Zach Morris' look like a Razr. It looks like the kind my mom used to buy for my sister when she was about 5.

Jessica- Yabbo, her outfits are SO bad. Suspenders, overalls, white knee socks, etc.

Winston- I LOVE Winston! Nothing bad can be said about W.

Anyway, needless to say SVH is awesome.




Tonight I watched Amelie for the first time. I know, I know, 49543543.5 people have told me for years that I needed to watch this movie. Well, they were right, it's awesome. I love movies that look like each frame could be a photograph, it's a gorgeous effect. Amelie definitely had a Zach Morris phone, too, which made me laugh. This one time, Ali, some (ex)friends, and I went out to dinner for someone's birthday and we all rode there together. Well, the car had one of those true car phones that is huge and hooks into the car in it's very own cradle. Well, Ali took it off and into the restaurant with her. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard as I did when I "called" her and she "answered" that huge phone a la Zach Morris. She's a funny girl, that one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the cell phone story. Awesome!

Good call on Amelie. It really is such eye candy.

lala said...

winston eggert! the original lovable dork.