Pages

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Spare Me The Details

We had a lot of lag time between rehearsing and playing at my concert tonight. Usually I don't look forward to these down times because since my sister isn't in the group anymore I don't really have anyone to talk to. I don't have anything to say to the highschoolers and some of the older people are just blah. Last weekend, though, I happened to be standing near the french horns and they let me in on all of their inside jokes. This week I hung out with them again as well as the flutes. It was a good time (although being at home would have been better after working all day) but I kept talking. Like, talking a lot. I don't do that often with groups like that. But I just wouldn't shut up and kept contributing to the conversations. These people now know about my obsession with Channel 113 on XM Radio and that I buy the musical scores to the pieces we play so I can study them. I told them about my funny daydream of the maestro falling ill and me stepping up onto the podium to take over and saving the day. I talked about my classes and what I do my projects on (I barely even talk about school when I'm AT school!). I told people how I want a bassoon "almost more than my own life" but that one didn't go over well because the flutes weren't too up on sarcasm/exaggeration.


I need to go to sleep. Today was long: an (almost) full BN shift and a concert. Whew! Have to thank Steven for the funniest phone call of the weekend. I thought I was in trouble at first the way he started the conversation;)


XO,
SVR

7 comments:

audrey said...

Band sounds way more fun than movies/the media let on. I wish I was in a band and could talk confidently about hanging with the french horns.

Miss Scarlet said...

Hahahahha! It's a fun group. I love it.

Unknown said...

Wow! That's sort of huge news ; ) Glad you did some bonding. : )

CBK said...

Scarlet, I can't believe you didn't get offended when Audrey called your orchestra "band". ;-)

A Clarinet as Concert Master? That would be funny! You'd have to climb over a few folks to get to the podium. :-)

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who wondering who Steven is and what they were talking about?

Unknown said...

Oh, I know Steven and don't really have to wonder, Neil. Perhaps Hott Steven will reveal himself on here and spark a saucy debate about that conversation ; ) I have a feeling Scarlet will keep quiet about Steven. Hahahaaha.

Cheryl said...

Awesome that it is such a fun group. Get some rest!