Pages

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Miss You Love

For the thousands of digital pictures I have, I have just as many prints and I have recently begun the daunting, and seemingly endless, task of scanning each and every one. I not only want to have a backup of those memories but I also want to share them with friends, family, and even strangers on my fotki photography site. Or, if good enough, I'll put them up on flickr as a representation of my favorites.

The problem with scanning all of these pictures is that it turns into a detailed trip down Memory Lane. And what does Memory Lane lead to? Nostalgiaville.

This isn't a "woe is me" "I don't like how things are now" type of thing but I can't help but think back to those times whether they were fun or silly or maybe even frustrating and sad.

-Amazing dance party at Ben and Andy's and leaving in the nick of time.

-Having my room filled with 500 or so cups of water to celebrate Junior Ring Week

-Staying for graduation to be an usher and hanging out with 11 hott guys for a week.

-Getting to go to Puerto Rico for Tropical Ecology

-Carnegie Hall!


Well, luckily the frustrating/sad pictures just aren't there. I think that's a good thing. Some things I don't want to remember.


XO,
SVR

4 comments:

audrey said...

What do you suppose we'll have in the future? I'm betting we go back to those slideshow toys we use to have in kindy, except this time they'll be implanted into our brains. We'll have to hook up to each other through plugs in our ears or something. Family slide show nights will still be exciting, but also a little confusing.

Miss Scarlet said...

Haha, Interesting idea. I hope regular prints never go obsolete.

CBK said...

Nice "The Colour and the Shape" CD in that guy picture. Great album!

"Nostalgiaville" is also called "Zeroproductivityburg" on my map.

Miss Scarlet said...

I actually have a second home in Zeroproductivityburg, I'm surprised I haven't seen you!

LOVE FOO FIGHTERS! I am/was slightly addicted.